Trying to find some mapping software

I've used wonderdraft (and now dungeondraft) for a couple of years now and really like them. There's a little bit of a learning curve, but they turn out high quality results without much effort. As with most mapping software, there's always room for more art assets, but the ones that are provided are actually pretty expansive and useful.

I highly recommend at least checking out some of the results online.

Edit: Here's an example dungeon I created in dungeondraft in about 20-30 minutes, and another of a town I created in wonderdraft for my RToEE campaign. The town map likewise took probably 20-30 minutes.

Wow, thanks! That is high quality work!

I'll be ordering Wonderdraft later today.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Also, if you're not up to mapping, don't forget about the HUGE selection of VTT assets on DTRPG. I'm a cartographer and I still leverage DTRPG to find something quickly. You can also buy assets on Roll20 and download them to your computer. I'm sure other VTTs allow the same.

Also, if you're not up to mapping, don't forget about the HUGE selection of VTT assets on DTRPG. I'm a cartographer and I still leverage DTRPG to find something quickly. You can also buy assets on Roll20 and download them to your computer. I'm sure other VTTs allow the same.
I generally find all the free maps I need on Deviant Art, although I have bought most Oones products.

But I need a couple very specific regional maps.

Has anyone tried Wonderdraft? I was thinking of picking it up. It is supposed to be easy to use, which is what I need, since I have the visual art skills of a color-blind chimp.
I've heard nothing but good things about DungeonDraft and WonderDraft. There is a subreddit /r/dungeondraft, too. I haven't taken the time to try it out, but I've heard lots of good things.

Remove ads