TSR TSR CON is running at the same time as Gary Con in Lake Geneva

Basically, every page is a picture of the pizza with a vegetable with the following dialog:

"Hello Green Bean,
Hello Pizza,
Green Bean, my name is Cheeza, not Pizza."

That's on par with a lot of books for kids in the 2-3 year range. Typically printed on cardboard. Done properly, not a bad way to introduce new foods.

Kinda funny to think, though, that there's a subtler message to the story. The Cheeza is essentially teaching the lesson of "respect people's pronouns of choice, rather than the ones you first assume visually". Ironic, given nuTSRs history.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
That's on par with a lot of books for kids in the 2-3 year range. Typically printed on cardboard. Done properly, not a bad way to introduce new foods.

Kinda funny to think, though, that there's a subtler message to the story. The Cheeza is essentially teaching the lesson of "respect people's pronouns of choice, rather than the ones you first assume visually". Ironic, given nuTSRs history.
Its also pretty interesting that his 4 (?) y-o daughter has published more stuff than he did!

Sacrosanct

Legend

Oh, the irony is super deep when you get to the last page, which is a tomato:

Hello Tomato
Hello Chezza
Tomato, how did you know my name?
Chezza, I am not like all the other veggies. I am a fruit. I am special. I can bring everyone together.

As an aside, the artwork is done by Erika Benitez Stephens, and is on par with most children's books I've seen and is pretty decent.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I was referring to the book he sells, called "My name is Cheeza, not Pizza."

If you're curious what the book is, the blurb:

Childrens(sic) book writen (sic) by my daughter when she was 3 years old.Its (sic) about a slice of Cheezza that travels the world meeting friends and learning the orgins (sic) of vegetables from arounfd (sic) the globe.

produced by TSR of Lake Geneva WI

Basically, every page is a picture of the pizza with a vegetable with the following dialog:

"Hello Green Bean,
Hello Pizza,
Green Bean, my name is Cheeza, not Pizza."

Green bean made in Peru."

Repeat all the way through the book for every vegetable, just replacing "bean" with "carrot" or "celery", and the last sentence with "Corn made in Mexico." or whatever the vegetable is.
I especially appreciate how the book writen (sic) by the three year-old has fewer errors than the blurb writen (sic) by her father.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Doing what? Isn't this the thread about the terrible Lasagna convention?
Can we not think of the calzones (basically a pizza with the crust on the outside)? I guess it could also be lumped in with a jelly filled donut if tomatoes are a fruit... Wait, I am both hangry and confused...

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
There you have it folks: donuts are sandwiches.

Mmmm... yaaaasss!
Was there ever any doubt?

image.jpeg

Right now I'm planning on attending GaryCon. But who knows what the state of the pandemic will be by March? Three months ago the county I live in had only a tenth of the daily cases we do now. Having to fly to get to the con, with all the flight cancellations and delays going on (which, admittedly, are due to a number of factors that could also change by then), that represents yet another risk.

It's ironic, before LaNasa and crew opened their mouths, I would've gladly stopped by the Dungeon Hobby Shop while I was in town. Now, wouldn't go near it with a ten-foot pole, even if they weren't having their own Covid super-spreader event.

And all of this talk of cranberries makes me happy that I've got a cranberry crostata upstairs to eat.

Remove ads