TSR3 missed deadlines, delays in Dungeon Crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

darjr

I crit!
As for Ernie and his possible actions at !TSR. A child can get a car to go but can they drive it?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
TBF, they (and Jeff Leason) have also apparently invested substantially in the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum and what seems like a pretty good collection of memorabilia. Ernie, beyond name recognition and some so-far tragic efforts as a spokesman also runs games at the DHSM for cash.

Dire Bare

Legend
I am reminded of a quote from Dune: "The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it." I think Ernie Gygax could stop nuTSR if he wanted to. If he pulled his name off the company it would destroy the ethos of the brand, the museum, TSR Con, and the Dungeon Crawl game. If an unknown local politician with a tattoo shop in North Carolina and no known game or products suddenly claimed to be the #1 name in OSR, would anyone even listen?
Ernie does hold partial responsibility for the dumpster fire that TSR has become, both by associating his name with their products and with his own toxic comments. However, it is not his responsibility to "destroy" or end the madness that is TSR3. If he were a wise man, which it seems he is very much not, he would apologize for his own comments and end his involvement with LaNasa. But that wouldn't put a stake in this nosferatu.

Either way, I doubt he has any control over what products TSR3 does (or doesn't) release.

LaNasa is tapping into an existing segment of the D&D community (a small one) that is both OSR and anti "woke" . . . . these folks appreciate the old-school names LaNasa drops, but I don't think he really needs them. Just spreading his toxic message is enough for this crowd. But it's not a large crowd, so I don't predict wealth and success in any measure for LaNasa.

darjr

I crit!
I'm just mystified they didn't take the obvious easy route and blame nebulous "supply chain issues" for the delay, as practically every other company on the planet has done in the last couple years.

It's like LaNasa is even incompetent at being incompetent.
They did, but then also said they’d gotten that fixed.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I imagine several people will be admitted to hospitals on the day TSR3.5 actually does something right, just out of the shock of it all.
Maybe if they ever do a hardcore "old school" version of the old Operation board game, at 12 amps with real scalpels.

Dire Bare

Legend
I guess some people got their Giantlands books.

I think it's sad some folk think it's !TSR's.
Huh, love the name-dropping of "Gary Gygax Jr." . . . . that is technically his name, but he's always gone by his first name, Ernie. I wonder how much of Ernie is truly in this product, other than his name on the cover, which is more a callback to his father than acknowledging his own contributions (if any) to Giantlands.

I look forward to some reviews of the product. I have a feeling that despite Jim Ward's involvement, it's not going to be "game of the year" or even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads