TSR3 missed deadlines, delays in Dungeon Crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Do they think that's a trait that a particular market segment admires?

Yes.

Technically, I should say that their behavior is consistent with that belief, as I cannot read minds and have not spoken to them.

But yes, they think there's a market segment that will love them for this.

Filthy Lucre

Adventurer
Yes.

Technically, I should say that their behavior is consistent with that belief, as I cannot read minds and have not spoken to them.

But yes, they think there's a market segment that will love them for this.
The fact that 5e is an unstoppable juggernaut I can't imagine what market research they're seeing to the contrary. They're shooting for a niche of a niche of a niche.

I mean, to each their own though, I guess.

Nice! I can imagine how pricey bringing a boardgame to production is.

Years ago I made a mech boardgame called "All Your Mech ABTU" based on that meme lol. Was a great game to play, but too expensive to manufacture, so I've only got the prototype lol

View attachment 149031

It's vile beyond belief, plain and simple.

This makes me so mad. For so many reasons, on many layers. Not just for the appropriation, but for the implied equivalency between evil races and black people. Which, ironically, proves the point they are arguing doesn't exist. And I'm sure making people mad is just fun to them.

It really is the same playbook we've seen countless times before. It's not about getting good publicity. Good publicity, bad publicity, it's all the same to them. A marketing strategy based on continual outrage.

Just a quick reminder for the thread:
Don't click on any links to Dungeon Hobby Shop, or any other of Lasagna's YouTube channels. Not even if you want to give him a piece of your mind. The algorithm doesn't care why you might be stopping by, it just counts visits. And the algorithm doesn't differentiate between "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" either, so even negative traffic helps his rhetoric show up on more peoples' screens.

The hardest you can slap that clown is to ignore him utterly. Do not respond to his messages, do not click on any links to his stuff, and do not visit, watch, downvote, or comment on anything he posts. Let's train the algorithm to ignore him.

I can't get over the "alongside millions of others in the hobby" comment. Those numbers just don't hold water, and if they bothered at all with those pesky things known as facts, they'd know it.

Apparently they legit think they are the majority. I've seen comments like this a lot. It's mind boggling the stuff they believe despite all evidence to the contrary right in front of them:

View attachment 149066

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It really is the same playbook we've seen countless times before. It's not about getting good publicity. Good publicity, bad publicity, it's all the same to them. A marketing strategy based on continual outrage.

Well, they don't actually have anything we can reasonably call a product that they are marketing.

It is as if what they are marketing is the outrage itself. This is a basis for grift - don't actually provide a product, but allow you to fork over cash to buy into the outrage.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Nice! I can imagine how pricey bringing a boardgame to production is.
Not to derail the thread, but this was around the time oil prices started to spike. And with increased oil prices, plastics costs increased a lot as well. It's hard to see by the image, but a large part of the game was that each individual component of the mech was printed on a transparency, and you stacked transparencies to "build" your mech. That was costly. At the time (again, about 10 years ago) the cost to manufacture was around $100. I'm sure at a mass production it could work, but I don't have those resources or customer base lol

photo of game copy.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not to derail the thread, but this was around the time oil prices started to spike. And with increased oil prices, plastics costs increased a lot as well. It's hard to see by the image, but a large part of the game was that each individual component of the mech was printed on a transparency, and you stacked transparencies to "build" your mech. That was costly. At the time (again, about 10 years ago) the cost to manufacture was around $100. I'm sure at a mass production it could work, but I don't have those resources or customer base lol

View attachment 149074
For years, i have thought games like Pirates of the Spanish Main, Rocketmen, or something like your idea would work well as a set of rules to be used with an extant building toy like Legos. I could envision damage being tracked by swapping out bricks of different colors.

Obvious flaws:

1) you’d need a BUNCH of Legos
2) you’d need to be patient, because swapping out bricks isn’t exactly fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases