I like the metal gangway, that's cool...Here is the December 11th, 2020 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.
- Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
- Areas 1 a) and 10 a) have a metal gangway. Areas 1 b) and 10 b) are at a lower elevation.
- Areas 1 b) and 6 have open pits.
- Areas 1 b), 6, 11, and 20 have pillars.
- Areas 1 b), 5, 10 b), 20, and 26 b) have false doors.
- Areas 6, 20, 21, and 22 have braziers.
- Areas 9 and 11 have daises/raised platforms.
- Areas 9, 11, 20, and 21 have statues.
- Area 19 has a tapestry.
- Area 21 has an altar.
- Area 22 has a pool/fountain.
I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 12-11-2020 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com
The December 11th, 2020 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for a $2 (US)!
One trick I've done in the past is to add shading to the lower level to help it stand out from the upper level. One downside to this is the shading could be mistaken as water.I agree! I spent more time than usual staring at this map, imagining possibilities. I often wish to capture the vertical dimension more effectively in my layouts.