Hmmm, this gives me ideas (don't they always?).Here is the January 1st, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge. Happy New Year!
- Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
- Areas 1 a), 8, 15, 20, and 25 have pillars.
- There is a portcullis/gate that blocks access to area 1 b). Perhaps area 1 b) can extend to area 31 (via mechanical or magical means).
- Areas 2 b) and 40 have daises/raised platforms.
- Areas 2 b), 22, 31, 38, 39, and 40 have statues.
- Areas 3, 8, 12, 14, 20, 22, 26, and 29 have false doors.
- Areas 9, 13, and 18 have covered pit traps.
- The floor of area 15 is crumbling into the water. There is rubble at the floor's edge.
- Area 23 a) has a tapestry.
- The grey sections of area 30, 38, 39, and 41 have water. Areas 38, 39, and 41 connect to area 30 via submerged passages.
- Area 40 has an altar.
I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 01-01-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com
The January 1st, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).
I might change it a bit it so the area inside the water ways are ONLY accessible via the submerged passages.
That said, I also like the posited idea of 1b being able to extend out and connect with 30.
No matter what, crossing that water is going to be perilous...