• COMING SOON! -- Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

6ENow!

I don't debate opinions.
Here is the February 5th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Grid Size: 36x46 10' Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 1229x1578
  • Area 1 is outdoors with flanking cliff faces.
  • Areas 2 and 18 b) have daises/raised platforms.
  • Areas 2, 17, and 18 a) have statues.
  • Area 7 has a tapestry.
  • The circular stairs in areas 12 a) and 24 lead upwards. The stairs in 14 and 28 lead downwards. Design tip: When it comes to circular stairs, clockwise direction is up and counter-clockwise is down.
  • Areas 9 and 18 a) have pillars.
  • Area 18 b) has a throne.
  • Area 21 has a pool/fountain.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-05-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 5th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim
You know, I really like this one... Can't wait to see the other levels. :)

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the February 12th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • While this map can be used as a stand alone map, it can also be used with the Feb 5 2021 Friday Freebie/Ehanced map (Area #1 continues from area #12 of last week's map).
  • Areas 1, 7, 16 b), 16 c), 17, and 26 c) have statues.
  • Areas 1, 16 a), 15, 18, 26 b), and 26 d) have pillars.
  • The circular stairs at the right of area 1 lead downwards and the stairs at the left leads upwards.
  • Area 7 has a dais/raised platform (or alternatively, it could be a stepped depression).
  • Areas 16 b), 16 c) 26 a), and 26 c) have half pillars/columns set into the walls.
  • Area 17 has an altar.
  • Areas 30 and 31 have tapestries.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-12-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 12th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
It isn't overly obvious, but the last two weeks' FF maps have a loose theme to them (which continues with tomorrow's map and the following week). I've been unofficially calling these maps, The Keys of Secrets. I do plan on bundling all related enhanced maps once I finished the various levels.

Here are the 'keys' in the previous levels. Please note that this is a loose theme so I'm not striving for complete key accuracy. ;)

The reddish top part of the map would be the key's handle.
dungeon-a-284-key.jpg

dungeon-a-285-key.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the February 19th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The dash lines represent elevation lines showing the lower elevation (in relation to the current level).
  • The stairs at area 1 lead downwards. This map can be used as a stand-alone map or in conjunction with the Feb 12 2021 Friday Freebie/Enhanced map.
  • Areas 2, 3, 6, 7, 12, 19, and 21 have pillars/columns.
  • Areas 3, 4, and 5 have false double doors. These doors could act as gates to other worlds/planes/locations.
  • Area 4 has a secret trap door in the floor.
  • Area 6 b) has statues at a higher elevation that look down at the stairs/pathway.
  • Areas 6 b), 7, 23, and 25 have statues.
  • Area 18 has a large-sized mirror on a dais.
  • Area 22 has a pool/fountain.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-19-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 19th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

This map was inspired by an ancient Roman key.

dungeon-a-286-key.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the February 26th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The arrows show the connecting stairs.
  • Areas 1, 5, 13 b), 19, 29 b), and 34 c) have statues.
  • Areas 4, 7, 12, 16, 19, 22, 23, 25, 33, 36, and 39 a) have pillars.
  • Area 11 has a dais.
  • Area 16 has steps that lead up.
  • Areas 16, 20, and 36 have teleporters. Area 16 leads to area 20. The second teleporter in area 20 leads to area 36.
  • Area 32 has two large pillars and tapestries.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 02-26-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The February 26th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Here are the keys on this map (bottom - right to left; middle - left to right; top - right to left).

dungeon-a-287-key.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the March 5th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. It is a flooded dungeon. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The grey areas on this map represents water. The white sections of areas 1 and 19 are dry regions.
  • The dotted circle in area #1 represents a hole in the ceiling (and is the non-aquatic entrance to this flooded dungeon).
  • Area 1 has a statue on top of a partially submerged step pyramid.
  • Areas 1 and 2 have pillars.
  • Area 16 has an open pit/hole that leads to a deeper level.
  • Area 19 has a ladder in the water (that allows easier access to the dry area).
  • The row of dots in area 22 represent bars.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 03-05-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The March 5th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the March 12th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. I'm continuing with the flooded dungeon theme. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • This dungeon can be used as a stand-alone dungeon or with the March 5th 2021 dungeon map.
  • The grey areas on this map represent water. The white sections of areas 1, 2, 3, 4, and the top of the pyramid in area 20 are dry regions.
  • Areas 1, 8, 10, and 12 have pillars.
  • Area 20 has a large step pyramid with two statues on the water-free top.

If you put this week's and last week's maps together, you get this (click to enlarge):

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 03-12-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The March 12th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
I seem to be having server problems on my end so my images may or may not appear. I'm working on the problem on my end.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here is the March 19th, 2021 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • This dungeon can be used as a stand-alone dungeon or with the March 5th & 12th 2021 dungeon maps.
  • The grey areas on this map represent water.
  • The circle of dots at area 1 represent a hole in the ceiling.
  • Area 3 has a tapestry.
  • Area 5 b) is dry and has statues.

If you put this week's and last week's maps together, you get this (click to enlarge):

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 03-19-2021 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The March 19th, 2021 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, secret doors on or off, and grid or no grid, and all permutations) and a zip file with all relevant (16) map files as individual jpg images. The Enhanced map has a grid size of 36x46 10’ Squares (72 dpi); VTT Size: 2458x3156. All for $2 (US).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Adventurer
Here's something I created for my own D&D campaign. These images are based on maps that originally appeared in I.C.E.'s Thieves of Tharbad adventure module (1985). I've made various changes to them to make them my own but I still wanted to acknowledge their original inspiration/source. Click to enlarge.

Here is the direct link to the larger version (in case my images don't load): http://www.paratime.ca/images/fantasy/campaign/warehouse-tavern-b.jpg

Small Warehouse Map Details:
  • Area 1 has a small wooden ramp leading to the door.
  • Areas 2 a) and 5 a) have wooden pillars and crates.
  • Area 2 b) has a weaken stair that breaks when stepped on and it triggers the crossbow trap at area 2 c).
  • Area 3 a) has a secret trap door in the floor that grants access to a small dock with a tethered rowboat. Naturally, this could easily lead to a dungeon level if the DM so wishes.
  • Area 3 b) is a hidden vault/safe.
  • Area 5 b) is a ladder leading to a trap door in the ceiling (see area 8 ).
  • The double white rectangles on the walls represent windows.
  • Area 8 is a small shack with a trap door in the floor.
  • The white squares on the walls at area 9 represent a parapet.

Orc's Head Tavern Map Details:
  • Area 1 has various tables and chairs.
  • Area 2 and 4 have fireplaces (with area 4 being a small kitchen).
  • Area 3 is the bar.
  • Areas 14 to 16 are the high class rooms.
  • Areas 17 to 19 are the private quarters for the owner of the tavern.
  • Area 19 b) has a trap door in the ceiling that leads to area 20 a).
  • The diagonal grey bars represent a crawlspace with a sloping roof.
  • Areas 20 d), e), and f) are hidden spy holes looking into rooms 16, 15, and 14. These spy holes are used by the tavern's landlord to gather potentially valuable information on his guests.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
It's a browser problem with mixed content on a secured site. Most modern browsers now look for a secured https site as a default. It won't load my images because my website doesn't have a SSL certificate (it's just a plain old html site instead of https) so it thinks my images are a security risk. I was able to fix my firefox browser so the images will load but not on Chrome. I may have to break down and get a SSL certificate for my site.

Turgenev

Adventurer
I'm currently in the process of getting a SSL certificate for my site. Course once that is set up, I will have to go through this thread and update all of my image urls. Please be patient as I work on fixing this.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Adventurer
Just a quick note that I fixed the warehouse & tavern map. The tavern had an error on the stairs at the upper level. If you can't see the changed image, refresh (CONTROL-F5) the page.

Cheers,
Tim

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4