D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Cthulad

Explorer
I could use this building as a Haunted Barracks, and fill it with skeletons and zombies. Like hundreds of skeletons and zombies. And include some treasure in one or two rooms per floor.

And I'm real tempted to plot out a series of "patrol paths" like those that video game guards follow in stealth games.

Now you are giving me a great idea. I was also thinking something like a Grand Palace for the "Royalty". It looks to be designed that way, but now I am also kind of thinking something closer to a Dragon Warrior type royal Palace.
I love the Undead idea. My favorite type of Creature to throw at my players.

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the February 22, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The row of dots represents bars/gates.
* Areas 1, 13, 14, 16, 33, 34, and 39 have pillars.
* Area 19 has a covered pit trap.
* Areas 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 27 have statues.
* Areas 25 and 39 have raised platforms.
* Area 26 has an altar.
* Areas 29 and 37 have open pits.
* Area 39 c) has a pool of water.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/267434/Friday-Enhanced-Map-02222019

The February 22, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 1, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* The irregular black dots represent rubble/collapsed corridors.
* Area 1 a) has a balcony that overlooks the lower elevation of area 1 b).
* Areas 1, 3, 15, 21, and 22 a) have pillars.
* Areas 1 b), 21, 23 b), and 28 have statues.
* Area 20 has open pits.
* Areas 23 a) and 23 c) each have a small flight of steps.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/267845/Friday-Enhanced-Map-03012019

The March 1, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
The idea that came to me (after I posted this week's map) was the lower section of 1 b) is crammed pack with undead (zombies of various sorts). As the dungeon is explored, the player characters may trigger the southern door to open, flooding the lower dungeon with undead. Unknown to the PCs, There is a mystical ruin on the floor that causes X number of undead to appear per round/turn. Just a quick idea.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 8, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* This dungeon has a large, narrow cavern that cuts through it.
* The irregular black dots represent rubble/loose stones.
* Areas 2 and 28 have pillars. Area 27 has two large pillars.
* Areas 5, 16, and 20 b) have statues.
* Area 6 has a tapestry/heavy curtain.
* Area 11 is the remaining portion of a natural stone bridge that once connected the two sections of the dungeon. The rest of the bridge has crumbled below.
* Area 12 has the rubble/remains of an old bridge.
* Area 13 is a large chasm.
* Area 20 b is a raised platform.
* Area 26 has a double door that could be a portal to another dungeon or maybe a false door.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/268916/Friday-Enhanced-Map-03082019

The March 8, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I had someone ask me about the weird arrow slits to nowhere in the corridors that branch off Area 22. I said I call those arrow slits 'corridor nipples.' :D <j/k>

They are whatever the DM wishes them to be. I had a few ideas while drawing the map.

1) They are the source of a fireball (lightning bolt?) trap in each corridor,

2) Perhaps once the secret room is entered, the secret door disappears leaving only a stone wall and no way out of the chamber. To return the secret door, one would have to go through the trap infested corridors and reach into the small niches to turn a mechanism that makes the secret door return.

3) Perhaps the double door at area 26 is a portal to another realm/dungeon/plane. It is normally a false door but should the mechanism in those corridors be activated, then the false double door becomes a portal.

Cheers,
Tim

Satyrn

First Post
I had someone ask me about the weird arrow slits to nowhere in the corridors that branch off Area 22. I said I call those arrow slits 'corridor nipples.' :D <j/k>

They are whatever the DM wishes them to be. I had a few ideas while drawing the map.

1) They are the source of a fireball (lightning bolt?) trap in each corridor,

2) Perhaps once the secret room is entered, the secret door disappears leaving only a stone wall and no way out of the chamber. To return the secret door, one would have to go through the trap infested corridors and reach into the small niches to turn a mechanism that makes the secret door return.

3) Perhaps the double door at area 26 is a portal to another realm/dungeon/plane. It is normally a false door but should the mechanism in those corridors be activated, then the false double door becomes a portal.

Cheers,
Tim

The other mystery to answer is why is room 27 almost, but not quite symmetrical? Is it perhaps, actually perfectly symmetrical, but the missing space is hiding on another plane, in another dimension?

Yes. And that's where the treasure is kept.

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 15, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* Area 1 has statues.
* Areas 10, 12 a), 21 a), 22, 24, and 25 have pillars.
* Areas 12 b), 12 c), and 21 b) have covered pit traps.
* Areas 17 and 26 have open pits.
* The grey sections of area 18 a) represent water. There are bridges (some have collapsed) here and there.
* Area 18 b) is a small 'island' with a large stone column (made of the same materials as the surrounding walls).
* 18 c) is a secret room within this column.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/269686/Friday-Enhanced-Map-03152019

The March 15, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is an idea that came to me last night. The statues in area 1 are actually clear cylinders with various creatures/beings trapped inside. They can't move except for their eyes that follow any as they pass through the chamber. Perhaps, something somewhere in the dungeon cause the cylinders to open thus freeing the trapped creatures.

Next week's Friday Freebie map will likely be a continuation of this week's map.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the March 22, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* There are bridges that allow access across the multiple water canals.
* Areas 1, 3 a), 11 a), 20 a), 22, and 24 a) have pillars.
* Area 3 b) is an open pit.
* Areas 10, 15 b), and 26 have covered pit traps.
* Areas 11, 16, 21, and 25 have statues.
* Area 16 has a raised platform.
* The double doors at areas 13 b) and 20 b) to g) are meant to be false doors but they could easily have the small rooms (10' x 20') behind them as shown or they could be magical doors/portals.
* Area 21 has a pool of water.
* Area 24 b) is a dais with an open pit in the middle of it.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/270506/Friday-Enhanced-Map-03222019

The March 22, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

This week's FF map can be paired up with last week's Friday Freebie map. Together they would look like this. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim

Remove ads