log in or register to remove this ad

 

TUW: Out of the Maelstrom

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will both augment their strength, in order to increase the distance of their standing high jump. As soon as Indigo is out of the hatch, Merin and Tor will follow suit, leaping up through the hatch, rolling to their feet as Indigo did, and scanning for opponents. Tor intends to knock down the nearest guard and disarm him; Merin intends to paralyze whichever guard would be closest and/or most advantageous.

OOC: Tor Reaction Roll: 77; Merin Reaction Roll: 66! Ha ha no mulligans for me :p
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit intends to look over the deck. If there are any quick weapons at hand, he will grab one. If there are any threats he will engage. If there is no one between Sannit and the man Sheldon rendered unconscious Sannit intends to run to that man, grab him and toss him overboard.

Bolo will climb up as quickly as she is able.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Merin and Tor on Deck

Merin and Tor will both augment their strength, in order to increase the distance of their standing high jump. As soon as Indigo is out of the hatch, Merin and Tor will follow suit, leaping up through the hatch, rolling to their feet as Indigo did, and scanning for opponents. Tor intends to knock down the nearest guard and disarm him; Merin intends to paralyze whichever guard would be closest and/or most advantageous.
OOC: Tor Roll: 77; Merin Roll: 66.
[sblock=Strengthen]Range: Touch
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate + Aberrative + Machination / Manifest Will
By actively manipulating Way, this increases the cumulative Strength in the intended target. The duration is equal to 1 minute per cumulative Health score of the Bender. This may not be applied multiple times. New Strength = Old Strength * (100 + effectiveness)%. There is no random aspect to this task.
GM: NOTE: Tor cannot augment his own Strength. Merin must do it for him.

Tor: 15 * (100 + 77)% = 27
Merin: 10 * (100 + 77)% = 18
[/sblock]
GM: Tor and Merin run up the pyramid of crates and leap up through the opening, quickly on the heels of Sannit.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 305: Mutiny

Sannit intends to look over the deck. If there are any quick weapons at hand, he will grab one. If there are any threats he will engage. If there is no one between Sannit and the man Sheldon rendered unconscious Sannit intends to run to that man, grab him and toss him overboard.
GM: Sannit gains his footing on the main deck, facing aft to the quartermaster's station and the location of the felled man, who was indeed the captain, for the quartermaster calls for the master-at-arms as soon as the captain fell. The master-at-arms happened to be on the forward deck at that moment and is much farther away than Sannit. As Sannit glances over his shoulder at the call, he can see that the master-at-arms has commandeered his spear.

The quartermaster cannot simply release the wheel, and there is no interference between Sannit and his goal. Even with his enhanced strength, the captain is heavier than the grate, causing Sannit to strain as he drags the man to the side rail and heaves him over. The feat of strength is such that the master-at-arms and the first mate, who was running toward the open hold, stop in their intentions to stare at the Seekers who have emerged from their captivity.

MacConnell said:
Indigo crouches down on the tier below Sannit, wanting to leap into the open as quickly as possible, once the grate is removed. She, of course, wishes that she had her swords, but is more than confident in her ability to take weapons from whomever she first encounters.
GM: About the time Sannit has gained his footing and chosen his course of action, Indigo is already upon the nearest guard to the hold. This guard happens to be on the starboard side about midship. The man is dressed and armed like an Ansylin Regular and shows all the effectiveness against Indigo of such. She catches his sword arm as he completes his draw, pushing it over his head as she draws his own belt knife and sticks it into his skull from under his chin. She keeps the soldier's sword in her left hand as his body hits the deck, twitching in death throes. She turns aft to see that the first mate has stopped, but that he is wielding her swords.

...As soon as Indigo is out of the hatch, Merin and Tor will follow suit, leaping up through the hatch, rolling to their feet as Indigo did, and scanning for opponents. Tor intends to knock down the nearest guard and disarm him; Merin intends to paralyze whichever guard would be closest and/or most advantageous.
GM: Tor comes to his feet choosing the opposite direction from Indigo. Seeing a soldier on the port side turn to face the opened hold, Tor runs straight at him. The sight of a near pace and a half tall Dahmre barreling down on him has the soldier quaking and unable to perform. Tor smashes into him with his left forearm, sending the man over the side and into the drink. He turns aft to see that the master-at-arms has stopped to stare, but is carrying Sannit's lanzita.

Merin comes to the deck facing aft. Chosing the master-at-arms as the superior threat, he saps all of the man's motility, causing him to drop Sannit's spear and fall to the deck on his face.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo will climb up as quickly as she is able.
GM: Being significantly shorter and coming from a farther position, Bolo arrives on the deck to see that any attempt at fighting has ceased before it could have begun. The prisoners begin applauding and cheering. The first mate is laying Indigo's swords upon the deck. Aft, the quartermaster is still holding the wheel, but gesturing surrender. He has Vadin's weapons buckled at his hip.

Sheldon sits atop the pyramid of crates in the hold, not yet moving to emerge on deck.
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
50 Rupees: (silver coin, 500 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
[Speaking Ansylin]: Tor steps forward and says, "Good. It seems you are not as fanatical and stupid as we first suspected. We have no interest in needless bloodhsed, nor do we take pleasure in the act of killing. We are honorable people, and we were unjustly imprisoned. Now that we are free, we are taking control of this ship, and demanding the return of our confiscated property. If you cooperate, you will be treated well. Our quarrel is not with you, but with The Magistry. We realize that your part in this is merely that of employee to employer. We now offer you the chance to serve us instead; I think you will find this employment arrangement vastly preferable to your previous one. What say you?"

[Speaking Ansylin]: Merin nods in agreement, adding, "If you choose not to serve us, but agree not to resist, we will set you free when we reach landfall. But further resistance past this point will be dealt with severely; we are giving you a second chance, but if you waste it, there will not be a third. Understood?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit walks to the one that has his spear, keeping eye contact with him and takes it, inspecting it to make sure no damage was done. Sannit says to the crew in Ansylin, "My friends are more diplomatic than I am right now. As you can tell my rage is lethal, and no one will take my freedom from my mate and I again."

Bolo goes with him, keeping watch.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 305: Commandeering the Vessel

[Speaking Ansylin]: Tor steps forward and says, "Good... What say you?"

[Speaking Ansylin]: Merin nods in agreement, adding, "If you choose not to serve us, but agree not to resist, we will set you free when we reach landfall..."
GM: The crew and the remaining soldiers all stare in silence. None seems able to formulate words or find his voice. This being the first real opportunity to notice, it appears all the crew and soldiers are male. Tor does not see his sword and shield.

Sannit walks to the one that has his spear, keeping eye contact with him and takes it, inspecting it to make sure no damage was done. Sannit says to the crew in Ansylin, "My friends are more diplomatic than I am right now. As you can tell my rage is lethal, and no one will take my freedom from my mate and me again."
GM: The Master-at-Arms sneers as Sannit retrieves his lanzita, but he does not try to resist. Still unable to move fluidly, he picks himself up from the deck staring back at it like he is looking for what caused him to trip. Some of the crew and regular soldiers look from Sannit then out to sea, after the drifting body of the captain, when Sannit speaks.

Sheldon emerges from blow deck and beckons Bulywif and Vadin to follow. Once on deck he surveys the situation and then turns to Tor's father and speaks in Centrin, knowing that the man will understand but hoping that the crew and soldiers will not. "Uncle Bulywif, are there any here that cannot be trusted?"

Bulywif does not hesitate to answer. "The cook who is still below deck. The master-at-arms is cruel and enjoys hurting people. None of the crew here is a real criminal. Real criminals are killed in Asylim."

Indigo moves deliberately at the first mate and smoothly draws her swords from the sheaths about the man's waist. She speaks in Ansylin barely above a whisper. "Remuovero i miei scabbars."[sblock=Centrin]Unbuckle my scabbards.[/sblock]

GM: The First Mate complies, nervously handing them to her.

[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
50 Rupees: (silver coin, 500 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
As soon as Bolo sees the sneer on the Master at Arms face she intends to manipulate Way to Befriend him, taking his mind to make him more amenable to their take over. [Academic roll: 94, mulligan]

Sannit looks over the crew and says Ansylin, "Cooperate with us and this ship will be yours when we are done with it." He looks at the Master of Arms and commands him, "Tell the cook to come to the deck."
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
[Speaking Ansylin]: Tor asks one of the soldiers, "Tell me who has my sword and shield, and where I might find them. I will have them back."

It suddenly occurs to Merin that it's been more than a day since the fight; he discreetly checks his belt pouch, to see if the Phoenix Feather has yet reformed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Securing the Vessel

As soon as Bolo sees the sneer on the Master at Arms face she intends to manipulate Way to Befriend him, taking his mind to make him more amenable to their take over.
OOC: Academic roll: 94, mulligan
GM: Bolo readily overpowers the man's mind. His sneer changes to the slack-jawed, blank stare of an imbecile.

Kwargrow said:
Sannit looks over the crew and says Ansylin, "Cooperate with us and this ship will be yours when we are done with it." He looks at the Master of Arms and commands him, "Tell the cook to come to the deck."
GM: Bolo repeats the command, instinctively, reflexively. It is her will that binds the man. The Master at arms immediately moves aft and enters the galley. Several seconds go by, which tick into minutes.

Indigo follows the man's path to see what has transpired. She will do what is necessary should the situation have gone afoul.
GM: Indigo returns from the galley a within a minute of entering, and waits midship. Shortly, the four mess hands come from the galley dragging the body of the cook and heaving it over the rail.

Indigo speaks one quiet command to the mess hands. "Tell them what you told me."

The eldest of the mess hands, an Ansylin somewhat near the age of Tor's father responds. "When the Master-at-Arms came down and told the cook to come up on deck, he must have known something was off. He took his cudgel from his belt and hit the Master-at-arms in the head. The MAA never even flinched to defend himself. He is still laying in the kitchen. When the lady came down the ladder, the cook went for her. She cut him down quick and told us to get rid of him."

Indigo nods, twice.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Pilfered

[Speaking Ansylin]: Tor asks one of the soldiers, "Tell me who has my sword and shield, and where I might find them. I will have them back."
Bulywif responds in Ansylin, "I can answer that for you son. All of the gear not counting the weapons kept by the officers was placed in the captain's quarters. He insisted on it before the ship left port. He said it was due payment for having to sail near The Maelstrom."

Tellerian Hawke said:
It suddenly occurs to Merin that it's been more than a day since the fight; he discreetly checks his belt pouch, to see if the Phoenix Feather has yet reformed.
GM: Merin, as well as everyone else, notices that his belt and any other pouches are missing. Everything other than clothing was evidently confiscated.

[sblock=GM Tip]The party needs to determine if the quartermaster can be trusted to remain at the helm and pilot the ship.
If the crew can manage the ship without assistance.
Where landfall might be considered, etc.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit thumps the butt of his spear against the deck to get everyone's attention. He shifts his glare between the first mate and the quartermaster and says in Ansylin to everyone that can hear him, "Ok, so what are we doing? Are ya'll going to cooperate and take us back to a safe port or are we going to be tossing some more bodies over the side? This is my first time on a ship so I don't know where I am or how to get home, but I do know I would rather take my chances swimming than be betrayed. Help us get home and we will not harm anyone else, and you can do what you want with the ship after that."

Bolo asks Bulywif, "Where are the captain's quarters?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Informational Post

OOC: The Seekers have no nautical knowledge and no general knowledge of the area in which they currently find themselves. The ship is relatively small and dual masted.

The captain is in command but performs no actions himself. It is his job to keep apprised of all ship's activity and command adjustments as necessary. Someone among the current crew, not a Seeker, should be chosen as ship's captain.

The quartermaster is performing the duties of a helmsman in addition to commanding the rigging. The Seekers need to decide if the quartermaster remains at his current position.

The first-mate is the navigator. It is his duty to observe the maintenance of course, as he is the most knowledgeable of the seas. This statement should clarify itself.

The Master-at-Arms commands war actions, though this position is not necessary at this age of technology. He commands soldier duties and discipline of the crew. This position is no longer necessary.

A cook and mess crew are vital to the maintenance of all shipboard. A replacement is paramount to survival.

A ship's lookout is vital to safe travel. As to the most suited should be inquired among the crew.

All other crew are used to work the rigging.

The crew should be investigated to determine who is best suited for what duty when not forced to perform under duress. A plan of travel needs to be formulated to hope for a port-of-call other than Asylim.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 305: Plotting a New Course

Sannit thumps the butt of his spear against the deck to get everyone's attention. He shifts his glare between the first mate and the quartermaster and says in Ansylin to everyone that can hear him, "Ok, so what are we doing? Are ya'll going to cooperate and take us back to a safe port or are we going to be tossing some more bodies over the side? This is my first time on a ship so I don't know where I am or how to get home, but I do know I would rather take my chances swimming than be betrayed. Help us get home and we will not harm anyone else, and you can do what you want with the ship after that."
"Signouri." It is the first-mate who speaks. "If I may. I would most gladly guide this vessel away from the Maelstrom. I have no interest to see it again, or be anywhere near it. We cannot simply return to Asylim, which is the only known port, for I fear we former soldiers would find ourselves in your predicament."

He removes the insignia from his acrylon chest armor. "I am your man, fair and true. As first-mate it has been my duty to be the ship's navigator. I know these seas and can guide our course. It is my suggestion that we sail farther east past the desert, around to the Siswa'alo Jungle to look for suitable mooring, then take long boats to shore. The only way for any of us to survive this would be to establish a new base of operation from which we can use the longboats to travel between ship and shore. We can still generate commerce and avoid other Ansylin vessels, commerce to help your community of Southroad Fair."

Kwargrow said:
Bolo asks Bulywif, "Where are the captain's quarters?"
Bulywif responds, "Through the forward door, beneath the super-deck."
[sblock=Purchasing Power]
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 1123 clams
60 Plates: (platinum coin, 3000 clams)
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
50 Dublins: (gold coin, 1000 clams)
50 Rupees: (silver coin, 500 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
[/sblock]
[sblock=Current Party Holdings]
OOC:
2 Windrunner Stallions
8 Windrunner Mares
2 decorative saddles (San-Bolo)
4 standard saddles (Tor, Sheldon, Indigo, Merin, Vadin)
4 Windrunner Colts (with pack rigs)
2 Harnin Mining Mauls
2 Harnin Mining Spikes
2 Harnin Pick Axes
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor nods at Buliwyf, "I shall go then, and retrieve the rest of our gear. Merin, you're with me."

Without further ado, the pair walk into the superdeck, and enter the Captain's quarters, and begin searching for the rest of their gear. Both will proceed with caution, in case the Captain has left any countermeasures to prevent unauthorized access.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Primo," Sannit says and relaxes a bit. "We would be grateful if you would take control of this vessel. Take us to this jungle then. The lives of you and this crew are your own once we reach land. Your plan of establishing a new port for Southroad Fair interests me. I had not thought of such a thing until now, but it makes sense. We are willing to help with the sailing of this vessel, although we are inexperienced. Since we are missing a cook, my mate, Bolo and I, will fulfill that duty."

During the trip Sannit will meet with the other Seekers in order to plan their next moves, including what resources it would take to build a port for Southroad Fair's trade.

OOC: Sannit's reason for serving as cook has a function as well so that there is not an opportunity to poison the Seekers food in order to imprison them once again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Missing Items

Tor nods at Buliwyf, "I shall go then, and retrieve the rest of our gear. Merin, you're with me."

Without further ado, the pair walk into the superdeck, and enter the Captain's quarters, and begin searching for the rest of their gear. Both will proceed with caution, in case the Captain has left any countermeasures to prevent unauthorized access.
GM: Being unfamiliar with shipboard activity and measures, Tor and Merin take extra precaution when entering the simple wooden door, not realizing that it is unnecessary. The Seekers' gear is all stowed in a chest underneath the captain's hammock. There are other things within the chest including a bag of coins and several glass goblets.

Various trinkets, obviously collected from travels decorate the walls and a sturdy desk is mounted in the center of the room facing aft. Glass-filled windows cross the forward wall, allowing moderate viewing of the ship's heading. Other than the unexpected bag of coins and the goblets, nothing else appears to be of any real value.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Technical Post

OOC: With the completion of the beta test game, I am implementing a new parameter to character development and instituting a vocabulary change.

The term experience will be replaced with development. All rewards and mechanics are the same. This is only a vocabulary change.

For the new parameter, all players will need to choose a primary field of focus for their characters from the three core abilities of body, essence, and mind. Abilities and skills within the primary field will be developed on a point for point basis, while the other two fields will be developed on a two for one basis. This is to purposefully generate greater diversity and divergence in characters so that all are not jacks of all trades.

For example, a character with Body as its primary field can increase a Strength of 5 or Combat of 5 to 6 by the application of 5 developmental points. That same character would increase Confluence or Collegiate or Will or Commercial of 5 to 6 by the application of 10 developmental points.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
An Odd Interjection

The man in the crow's nest hollers down, "Captiano! May I come down from here? I hate heights."

Another of the deckhands offers, "Si, Capitano. I love the crow's nest. I would like this duty when it is required."

GM: These crewmen are obviously speaking to Sannit at this point, who appears to have taken charge.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit strokes his beard as he looks up at the man in the crows nest, considering how best to deal with this crew of demoralized weaklings.

Bolo hands Sannit her weapons and goes over to the mast, motioning for the complaining man to come down. After he reaches the deck she goes up to take a turn in the crow's nest.

Sannit says to the man that volunteered for the job, "After she is done you can take a shift. Thank you for your courage."

San-Bolo will reclaim any of their gear from the captain's quarters and Bolo will inspect her new bow to make sure it is in proper working order. As cooks they will make sure everyone receives an equal portion of food.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top