TUW: The Outpost

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti wrinkles up his face at the wealth of information. He is not particularly the patient type, but he can readily force himself to listen when it is in his best interest. He also holds Plascimon in high regard and would not disrespect the man. He muses aloud. "So these Ministers all wear masks, even when talking to each other. That seems more than a bit suspicious to me, and they are in control. Hmm. These Hand fellows go around looking for children with a magical talent. Markidian children they recruit. I think they kill any others, at least eventually. But, all of these folks are beyond our touch? Well, we shall see. I am not dead yet. One of these days, and I hope its soon, I am going to be able to go toe-to-toe with one of these thugs."

Later he will mention to the crew that they should carry the extra swords to Refuge like they did those others. "I do think your father would be trustworthy, Taylar, but I think Outpost gets too much attention."

And then he remembers to ask Plascimon, "Oh yea, did one of those Hand guys ride through here recently, like a day or so ago?"
OOC: 83

astarte

Adventurer
Even thought Astarte couldn't understand a half of what Plascimon has just said (as she's tired, cold, doesn't know Markidian well and heard too much information in a short time), she won't let the priest know about it. "Nice to meet you honorable Plascimon. Or relevant. I'm still learning Markidian. Thank you for explaining me everything. And sorry for causing problems."
Then she will make a comment about what Adi has just said about the masked men: "So if even they don't know who is inside the mask, they won't know if the person changed, if his behavior haven't changed. Dangerous to them". And they seems to don't trust each others, at least the old cast to the young. Also dangerous to them, as they can plot against one another".
She will then ask her new friends to borrow her their Marks so she can buy a black mantle.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar waits patiently for Plascimon to finish. He says, "When we questioned the guards that held Astarte, they mentioned Refuge and that they had orders to stay away from it. I was concerned that this was an indicator of an attack. Have you heard anything troubling about Refuge?"
He agrees to give Astarte enough marks to buy equipment.

astarte

Adventurer
"Thank you Taylar. All I need is a mantle and maybe a holster for my new sword, if you are so nice. Will give you back the Marks as soon, as I will get them."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Adisakti wrinkles up his face... muses aloud....
... Astarte couldn't understand... make a comment...
Taylar waits... agrees...
GM: Separate from game mechanics, any Bender can sense the talent in another of equal or lesser power. The fact that the Hand could sense Astarte but not she him, means that he is more powerful. Every party member can sense the talent in Plascimon. His talent is well known; but because he is an ordained priest, it is thought to be a blessing from the Lord of the Day, not an innate talent. He believes this himself.

Bishop Plascimon shakes his head at Adisakti. "No rider of any kind has come through. Even if I were not out and about to notice, I would have been informed. I do not deal directly with the Hand. Technically I am of equal authority, but I would not try to push that point. Those men are plainly dangerous. If he were on the road here but never passed through, he must have cut through the forest. I cannot understand why one of them would do that. It makes no sense."

He nods at Astarte. He speaks, slower. "You are Centrin. I do not speak that language but my son may be able to. I am sorry for your mistreatment. Your new friends are working with my son to end this behavior. You all should tell no one else, other than my son, of her capture."

He shakes his head at Taylar. "I think and I hope that you may be receiving that information the wrong way. Vittero and I have the authority to command Cathedral Regulars. If they are not to be distracted or detained from a current assignment, they will be commanded to not stop in a town. The overt hostilities that you all were able to curtail five Cycles back have shown no sign of returning."

"Is there anything else you may need from me while you are here, a meal perhaps?"
OOC: Corded Mantle, coverage 30%, Hinder 3, Deflect 3, Soak 1.
This is an inexpensive item. The cost was deducted from the party's holdings. A holster and scabbard for the sword could have been taken from a soldier. This is granted.

Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti: full wellness
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48 - 10 = 38
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
Astarte: full wellness
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 22 (14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 111

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Astarte improves 2% in Markidian. State nominal actions and other intentions. Provide a random roll.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
The overt hostilities that you all were able to curtail five Cycles back have shown no sign of returning.
Taylar smiles at the old man but does not believe this assertion. He says, "Good food is always welcome. No warrior can last long on an empty stomach."
Later Taylar will go around the town and discreetly ask questions about Refuge to determine whether it is spoken of with respect or contempt.

astarte

Adventurer
If he were on the road here but never passed through, he must have cut through the forest. I cannot understand why one of them would do that. It makes no sense.
Astarte looks worried at the old gentleman: "It's makes sense:(. He wanned get there unnoticed; the question is why? What's the reason to keep a travel made to prepare for a witch trial so top secret? He was fearing something, that's sure, but what was that? Public opinion? I doubt that's was the only reason. He was hiding something and he was busy not only to prepare for my trial. The question remains: What was SO important to make him hurry so much?:confused:"
Your new friends are working with my son to end this behavior. You all should tell no one else, other than my son, of her capture.
"You have my word. Will tell no one untill the situation will change."
I am sorry for your mistreatment.... Is there anything else you may need from me while you are here, a meal perhaps?
"It wasn't so bad. It would be much worse, if this madman would start interrogating me. The toy-soldiers were so scared of me, they never dared to even come too close to my cage. They even feeded me using a looong stick, their hands shaking, like I would be the wildest beast ever. I think, I should take it as a compliment, to be considered such a
terrifying being. But seriously; I owe to these three valiant men more than my life, freedom and honor. I really don't wanna cause more problems, but after you said "meal", it again reminded me how hungry I am, even though they shared with me what they have."

When the discussion is over she will go to buy a new mantle (black if possible), ask the seller about the local temple of The Lord of the Day, after hearing there is none here, she will join Taylar at the meal. Then with her stomach satisfied, she will pay a very short visit in the temple of Dawn. Regardless what time of day will be then, she will take some sleep until the party decides it's time to hit the road.

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti no longer cares much for being in Outpost. He likes Vittero's father, Plascimon, and has some respect for Taylar's father, Mallen the smith, but has no desire to encounter anyone from his own family, especially his father, whom he would still like to kill. It is a terrible thought. He shakes his head to clear it. "A meal would be nice."

In the meantime, he walks over to the tavern. He may not care for his father, but the man can brew beer. He hopes to garner any vital information from the usual loose chatter in a tavern.
OOC: 68

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Taylar smiles... will go... discreetly ask...
Astarte looks... will go... take some sleep...
Adisakti... walks...
Raven Elk, the most peaceable member of the party, surprisingly for someone born a Kinamin, shows Astarte where she can acquire her mantle and then takes her to visit the kindly woman who raised him in order for her to get some sleep. He then leaves to locate the other two, finding Taylar first, then eventually joining Adisakti at the tavern before everyone returns to the temple for a meal.
Taylar: 58(investigate) + 77(d100) = 135
Adisakti: 45 + 72 = 117
Surprising to both Taylar and Adisakti, nothing negative is heard concerning Refuge. In fact, all information gathers indicates that the village has not only been repaired but is beginning to prosper. Many Centrins from the north immigrated and have taken residence.

Outside of any particular effort to garner information while conversing with others, it is observed that the town's people seem comfortable in their ordinary lives, but then again, the general populace is not much prone to notice anything beyond what is immediately at hand. Additionally, people remember a unit of Cathedral Regulars coming through town several days back, heading out along the road that leads to Westford and Boga City, beyond. Before that, a single rider of the Hand of Justice also came through, going the same direction, but none of those has returned. Unbeknown to the town's people, that group of soldiers is never going to return.

The meal, later, is good and the company pleasant. Plascimon makes conversation, typical of an older family friend, wishing everyone a safe journey and asking to pass along well-wishes for his son.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti: full wellness
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48 - 10 = 38
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
Astarte: full wellness
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 22 (14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 111

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 4: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Address if there is further business in town or if the party is moving on.

OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. Astarte improves 2% in Markidian. State nominal actions and other intentions. Provide a random roll.

Last edited:

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Unsure what to think about the information he gathered, Adisakti is a bit bias against changing his belief on a transition of standing within the body of leadership for the region's religion. He thinks of the Cathedral like a sleeping bear, lazy but very dangerous when in motion. He needs to have some repair made to his garments, but he conveys to the other that he would rather wait until they arrive in Refuge to see to it. He is ready to depart.
OOC: 78

Remove ads