TUW: The Outpost

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk will allow the sow to charge, holding his spear at the ready, his body in a defensive/evasive position (like a Matador), to have the pig impale itself upon the spear's point.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Combat Sequence:

GM:
OOC: Impetus:
Affect: Self
Effectiveness:

• Essence + Cohesion +
  • Collegiate
This passive technique is used to augment the speed of a character's ability to initiate action under the Commercial Task of Sequencing.
Sequencing: (order of action)

• Impetus (Collegiate Task) +
  • Body + Motility +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial
This passive technique is used to determine the initial reaction time with regard to combat. A single combat sequence comprises all actions possible in ONE SECOND of time which is divided into 100 equal parts called tics. Not all characters will be able to act in the first second, especially when using slow weapons.

Raven: 11 + 17 + 77 = 105 - 50(weapon) - 24(armor) = 31
Maka: 10 + 18 + 64 = 92 - 200(weapon) - 22(armor) = -130
Vittero: 10 + 18 + 53 = 81 - 200(weapon) - 24(armor) = -143
Taylar: 9 + 17 + 95 = 121 - 100(weapon) - 24(armor) = -3
Pig R: 0 + 14 + 72 = 86 - 20(tusk) - 60(injury) = 6
Pig T: 0 + 14 + 72 = 86 - 20(tusk) - 30(injury) = 36

GM: The pig attacking Taylar reacts first.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Y 0: Day 159: Brown Rooter Sows

GM:
OOC: Fury:
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Collegiate
This passive technique is used to augment the outcome of Combat and various Commercial tasks. The specific use of this technique is listed under each Combat and Commercial Task to which it can be applied.
Lethality:
  • Body + Motility +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial
This active technique implies a knowledge of anatomy and vital areas best targeted during combat. As this tasks is specifically applied to augment combat, Collegiate Enhancement is not applicable.
Attack:
  • Fury + Lethality +
  • Body + Strength +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Combat
This active task does not require the use of a weapon, as any object held in the hand or any part of a creature's body used to strike an opponent is sufficient for the purpose of determining the outcome of this task.

Pig T: 0 + 11 + 13 + 87(d100) = 111
Taylar: 10 + 17 + 19 + 73(d100) = 119
Raven: 10 + 17 + 19 + 81(d100) = 125

GM: The dazed sow on Taylar regains some bering quickly enough to lunge at his attacker hoping to bite him.

GM:
OOC: Konokoro:
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Adhesion +
  • Collegiate
This is like a sixth sense. It is a paranormal spacial awareness. It is used to augment non-Collegiate Tasks such as defensiveness and perception. The specific use of this technique is listed under each Commercial Task to which it can be applied.
Defensiveness:
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial
This passive technique is specifically applied to enhance counter-combat. The character must be conscious to utilize this technique. Collegiate enhancement is not applicable.
Defend:
  • Konokoro + Defensiveness +
  • Body + Motility +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Combat
This passive technique is considered reflexive or subconscious in nature, as it applies even if the defender is slower than the attacker. The defender must, however, be aware of the attacker, as being surprised allows for no defense.

Raven: 9 + 9 + 18 + 81(d100) = 117
Pig T : 0 + 5 + 14 + 50(d100) = 69
Pig R: 0 + 5 + 14 - 6(injury) + 61(d100) = 74
Taylar: 8 + 9 + 17 = 34
  • Attack: 111 - 34 = 77
  • Damage: 77% * 4 = 3 - 5(deflect): ineffective

GM: The pig bites at Taylar's thigh, making contact but being unable to to penetrate the sheepskin pants.

As the pig charges by and begins to round for another approach, Taylar brings his heavy club down once again.
GM: Attack: 119 - 69 = 50
Damage: 50% * 10 = 5 - 2(soak) = 3
Mind: 1 - 3 = -2: unconscious
Body: 8 - 2 = 6: hurt

Waynan said:
Raven Elk will allow the sow to charge, holding his spear at the ready, his body in a defensive/evasive position, to have the pig impale itself upon the spear's point.
GM: Pig R: 0 + 5 + 14 - 6(injury) + 67(d100) = 80
Attack: 80 - 117 = -37: ineffective

The injured sow charges Raven Elk, but being ready, he easily avoids the rush.
Raven: 125 - 74 = 51

• Damage: 51% * 20 = 10
  • Body: 2 - 10 = -8: incapacitated
  • Mind: 4 - 8 = -4: unconscious

GM: Four sows have been felled. The unconscious one that Taylar knocked out can easily be finished. What are your intentions?

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sows will be much better to eat than bugs,” Maka says. He then pulls out his knife, and begins to skin, gut, and prep the nearest one.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Technical Post: Experience Awarded

GM: Earned XP:
  • Combat: All Characters, 4 each.
  • Individual Posts:
    • Maka: 4
    • Raven Elk: 5
    • Taylar: 3
  • Innovative Ideas: All Characters, 3 each.

GM: Advice:
Characters wishing to be able to manipulate Way (use magic) should first attempt to elevate Essence to 10 ranks for 1 rank in Adhesion is needed to perform such tasks.

Characters who wish to be primary, up front, fighters will want to elevate Body.

10 ranks in Body conveys +1 to Health, +1 to Motility, and +1 to Strength.
10 ranks in Essence conveys +1 to Adhesion, +1 to Cohesion, and +1 to Confluence.
10 ranks in Mind conveys +1 to Knowledge, +1 to Persona, and +1 to Will.

10 ranks in Body is needed before points may be spent on Combat.
10 ranks in Mind is needed before points may be spent on Commercial.
10 ranks in Essence is needed before points may be spent on Collegiate.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar draws his knife and cuts the throat of the one he felled. Before helping to clean and dress the fresh pork, he looks over the sows to see if any of their tusks or teeth are worth taking for use on the handles of weapons.

As Taylar works he grins at his companions and says, "How big should we claim these pigs are when we tell this story? I'm going to say mine was as long as I am tall and so wide I could not get my arms around it."

Waynan

Adventurer
Hearing Taylar's boasting, Raven Elk shakes his head, knowing that before this adventure was over, the telling would get even more inflated. He gives a smirk as he goes back to watching the perimeter to make sure no boars show up, or worse: predators, slink or prowl up on them to "share" in the kill.

"Let's be quick about it, my friend. I fear the scent of blood will attract more than we would wish to deal with."

MacConnell

Y 0: Day 159: Doldrums 39: Brown Rooter Sows, part 2

Before helping to clean and dress the fresh pork, Taylar looks over the sows to see if any of their tusks or teeth are worth taking...
GM: Though they do not have the enlarged tusks of a boar, being pigs of the rooter variety, their bottom canines are somewhat enlarged. Big enough to be worth keeping a token of success. In fact, those small tusks seem to hold some draw to all four men's attention. Nothing that can be specifically identified, but everyone feels the urge to keep them.

As Taylar works he grins at his companions and says,
Kwargrow said:
"How big should we claim these pigs are when we tell this story? I'm going to say mine was as long as I am tall and so wide I could not get my arms around it."
Vittero laughs aloud.
"No one believes your exaggerated stories, anyway. Everyone is just afraid to tell you since you are as big as a brown bear.

Looks like we all four felled a pig. This is good fortune, indeed. We have enough meat here to feed 20 people. We should take a day to dry and smoke it so that is does not go to waste. We should save these hides, too. We may be able to sell them to the Master Hunter, and they are tougher than sheepskin
."

Raven Elk -
Waynan said:
"Let's be quick about it, my friend. I fear the scent of blood will attract more than we would wish to deal with."
Vittero responds.
"Good point. We should carry the guts off away from where we will need to cure the meat and dry the hide. The next time we go out, we should bring some salt with us, in case we get more hides we want to save."

GM: Spoils:
Pork: 120 bricks
Pig Hides: 4, 30% coverage each
Small Tusks: 8

OOC:
materialcoverdeflectsoakhinder
Pig Hide (w/ fur)30%10312
Pigskin (no fur)30%629
materialeffectuseuse
Sow TusksConfluence +1Fulfillment x2Despair x2

GM: NOTE:
The effect of each pair of sow tusk is permanent as long as the item is possessed. If they are used for their purpose to manipulate Way, they are consumed. The effect can be felt immediately. The use is not yet available to the characters. Much greater Collegiate skill is need for their use.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vittero said:
"...We may be able to sell them to the Master Hunter, and they are tougher than sheepskin."

Maka pauses his butchering to say: "Perhaps we should look for more pigs around here, and collect enough skin to make ourselves some better tunics. We can sell what we don't use, but we should keep some of the pigskins for ourselves."

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven elk, still keeping an eye out on the perimeter, says:
"Let's not forget our original reason for being out here. Ma would not be happy. And the bug situation would not be addressed."

He then quickly looks to Maka and Taylar and adds: "We may think ourselves as rebels and freebooters; but we have never dishonored ourselves, nor have we have ever not followed through on a promise."

He then goes back to guarding the perimeter by continually circling the slaughter grounds that Maka and Taylar are creating, adding nothing more in comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads