TUW: The Outpost

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar will keep the shortsword and shield that he battle gleaned. He will fashion a strap to keep his baton on his back in case he needs to bash something down.

Taylar nods at Vittero, "I agree on the supplies, but I would like to accompany these children back to their home. Otherwise it will be that we liberated them from these men only to hand them back to them. I know it is out of the way, but it is the right thing to do, and I would like to look the other villagers in the eye when we return their young ones."

Each tiny pouch contains a measure of dried herbs, each different in aroma.
Taylar will attempt to identify the herbs. [Roll: 64]

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Gamemaster said:
Opening the chest reveals a variety of coins, rudimentary trinkets, a few indigenous idols, and three tiny pouches.

Seeing that Taylar has begun to examine the pouches, Maka takes the indigenous idols and pockets them. He does not try to hide this action, nor does he attempt to explain it.

~These idols probably belong to murdered people, whose ideology doesn't line up with this new usurper's worldview. They were probably meant to be proof of someone's blasphemy against the sun god. I will deprive them of their chance to ever see this false proof; in fact, if I can find the tribe of people who made these, I will return these idols to them. The idols are probably precious to them. I will not allow them to fall into the hands of strangers. Religion is a deeply personal thing, and the beliefs of all peoples should be respected.~

Maka frowns inwardly, as his thoughts continue:

~The girls were obviously chosen for their ability to harness and manipulate Way. They would have been raised to become like the spies we killed. But the boys had no special talent. More than likely, they were destined to become mere slaves, or perhaps soldiers... unless this priest intended to use them as living sacrifices, or for some other malevolent purpose. If that is the case, it is a good thing that we killed him. Such corruption should not be allowed to flourish.~

Maka turns to Taylar, "Yes, I agree. We should see to the children's return personally. To do otherwise would be a grave mistake, and a gross injustice."

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk gathers all of the written materials: scrolls, tablets, parchments, etc and says:
"Friends, I agree with Taylar. Let's take the children and soldiers back to the village: the first to reunite the broken families, the second, to ensure these soldiers prove to be as honorable as they seem to try to be."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: All characters receive 10 developmental points.

Taylar will keep the shortsword and shield that he battle gleaned. He will fashion a strap to keep his baton on his back in case he needs to bash something down.
OOC: Character record updated.

Kwargrow said:
Taylar nods at Vittero, "I agree on the supplies, but I would like to accompany these children back to their home..."
Tellerian Hawke said:
Maka turns to Taylar, "Yes, I agree. We should see to the children's return personally. To do otherwise would be a grave mistake, and a gross injustice."
Waynan said:
"Friends, I agree with Taylar. Let's take the children and soldiers back to the village: the first to reunite the broken families, the second, to ensure these soldiers prove to be as honorable as they seem to try to be."
Vittero nods his assent. "I am with you. I did not know if we would all be willing to make that trip. We will head back that way after we are done here."

Kwargrow said:
Taylar will attempt to identify the herbs. [Roll: 64]
[sblock=Alchemical Sensitivity]Mercantile + Analysis + d100
Taylar: 23 + 18 + 64 = 105
Time: 1 week * rarity / sensitivity, 1 week * 2 / 105 = 3.2 hours[/sblock]
GM: Taylar works on the herb pouches over the course of the trip to the fishing village. He realizes the time necessary to analyze the herbs demand it. He determines that one pouch contains Muddle Leaf, one Soothe Leaf, and one Mend Leaf.

Seeing that Taylar has begun to examine the pouches, Maka takes the indigenous idols and pockets them. He does not try to hide this action, nor does he attempt to explain it.
GM: Though his actions are performed with little regard to the actual idols, Maka cannot help but recognize two of them, forcing him to modify his original prejudice. It seems that two of the idols belong to known tribes of cannibals. This gives him pause to wonder about the other one.

Raven Elk gathers all of the written materials: scrolls, tablets, parchments, etc.
OOC: These items have been added to the party inventory

Adi takes the bird cage, saying that he is going to release the pigeon. He walks away from the camp and out of view of everyone. He recognizes that the pigeon is a messenger bird. He takes it from the cage and kills it. It sees no need to explain that it did not survive its release. He returns with the empty cage and puts it on the party's new wagon.

Vittero takes the chest of coins and places it on the party's new wagon. He figures it can be counted at a later date. He also keeps the quill and ink. All other basic materials he places on the wagon to be given to the fishing village. He then specifically searches the priest body after dragging him into the woods and relieving him of his armor.

GM: Vittero finds 4 metal ingots and 4 various stones secreted about the priest's clothing.

[sblock=Vittero tallies]a total of four suits of full padded armor for an average sized Aedman and two suit of the same for an Aedman female, counting the one Maka is going to repurpose. There are six small wooden shields, since even the soldiers who ran dropped theirs, and four shortswords, counting the one Taylar acquired. There are three knives, two recurve bows, and 31 arrows.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: hurt
Body: 10 - 4 = 6
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: hurt
Body: 10 - 13 = -3 + 7 = 4 + 4 = 8
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: injured
Body: 10 - 1 - 4 = 5
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: injured
Body: 10 - 9 = 1 + 3 = 4
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: hurt
Body: 10 - 6 = 4 + 4 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar uses the weapons to show the villagers how to hold them and some exercises to build their bodies. Since we are all injured we can wait to heal at night when no one is watching. If by the next morning they ask about our wounds we could say they weren't as serious as we thought. He will also speak to the soldiers and ask them about how they were recruited, wanting to glean more information about how they were manipulated. [Roll:14]

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk helps the village rebuild and uses some of the healing skills he learned from Ma to help the ailing and hurting during the day; sometimes manipulating Way, sometimes not, depending on the depth of the healing that's needed. At night, Raven Elk pours through the books and scrolls of the "high priest", or whatever he was, trying to learn everything he can about this violent sect.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka revises his original assumption and begins to examine all three of the idols, trying to ascertain whether or not they have any mystical properties.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Taylar uses the weapons to show the villagers how to hold them and... He will also speak to the soldiers and ask them about how they were recruited, wanting to glean more information about how they were manipulated. [Roll:14]
Adisakti works with Taylar in giving the villagers some basic combat training. He figures that the drastically differing styles of the two will be beneficial.

GM: The young villagers take readily to the training in weapons use. All of them show a marked talent for physical adeptness. It stands to reason that Acolyte Avery had some skill in judging recruits, even if he did force their selection.

Though Taylar is a bit blunt and crude in his attempt to garner information from the soldiers, they seem willing to speak. The commonality is that they were all born in Thisidaboga to poor families. As a means of bettering themselves, they separately joined the Thisidan Regulars. They explain that they usually work as a police force within the city and sometimes make forays into the near forests looking for pockets of predatory animals that threaten the sheep or the occasional rumor of hostile peoples. This is the first time that have left the city on a specific mission.

He explains that Acolyte Avery reports to and receives his orders from Bishop Phillipe, but ultimately everything comes from the Divine Praetor, and that the priesthood has begun to proclaim prophetic visions which are dictating the current actions of the church and as a result, the soldiers.

One of the villagers comments on her surprise that such a diverse group of young men are able to work so harmoniously, though Raven Elk is mistaken for a Rheini, like Maka. They note that Vittero is the only Thisidan of the group, and he never acts like he is in charge.

Raven Elk helps the village rebuild and uses some of the healing skills he learned from Ma to help the ailing and hurting during the day; sometimes manipulating Way, sometimes not, depending on the depth of the healing that's needed. At night, Raven Elk pours through the books and scrolls of the "high priest", or whatever he was, trying to learn everything he can about this violent sect.
Vittero assists Raven Elk in tending to wounded villages and foraging for useful herbs.
[sblock=Forage]Mercantile + Clarity + d100
Raven Elk: 17 + 24 + 50(default) = 91
Vittero: 23 + 25 + 67 = 115[/sblock]
GM: Though Raven Elk is unable to locate any useful herbs with actual medicinal properties, he applies harmless leaves in their place while manipulating Mystic Way lines. He thinks about how much more knowledge of plants his adoptive mother must have. The second time he performs this trick an epiphany hits him like a physical blow to the chest. Vittero's father has been performing the same trick for years, disguising his talent with useless herbs. It also explains why when he assists Raven Elk's mother the results are greater. The residents of the Outpost say that it is a blessing from the Dawn. Vittero nods at Raven Elk, indicating that he has known this for a while. Though tending to wounded, even Thisidan soldiers, is a benevolent act, the talent for manipulating Way is always disguised.

OOC: Raven Elk is not fluent in Thisidan and cannot read or write any language.

Seeing Raven Elk pouring over the ledger one evening, Vittero sits beside him. "My father insisted that I learn to read and write. I hated it when I was younger, especially when when I wanted to play outside. I can help you or father will teach you when we are back in town."

GM: Vittero reads the writing to Raven Elk, while the others are busy on other things. The book is a journal. Though the entries appear to be sequential, they are not dated. The book is very boring and difficult to read. It begins with commands from someone named Bishop Phillipe and then proceeds like a travel log. It discusses encounters with small clans of Kaalatala, Evipau, and Kinamin before printing commands to search the fishing villages for heretics and blighters. It also gives a command to recruit suitable flesh for new soldiers and female spies. The recruits are to be brought to the Cathedral of Light to begin Deprivation Training.

Maka revises his original assumption and begins to examine all three of the idols, trying to ascertain whether or not they have any mystical properties.
[sblock=Alchemical Sensitivity]Mercantile + Analysis + d100 = 30 + 19 + 50(default) = 99[/sblock]
GM: All three symbols are rudimentary wood carvings. One is a jackal, which is the symbol of the Kaalatala, a known sociopathic tribe of Faethrins. One is a lion, which is the symbol of the Evipau, a known psychotic tribe of Aedamans. The third is a bear, which is unknown. Maka senses no mystic properties from any of them, but he finds a bloodstone wedged into the belly of the bear, which he knows should augment the bearer's health.

[sblock=Vittero tallies]a total of four suits of full padded armor for an average sized Aedman and two suit of the same for an Aedman female, counting the one Maka is going to repurpose. There are six small wooden shields, since even the soldiers who ran dropped theirs, and four shortswords, counting the one Taylar acquired. There are three knives, two recurve bows, and 31 arrows.[/sblock]
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Fisher Hides: 30% cover
  • Grizzly Hide: 360% cover
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Mourning Bird Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Persona +2}(-Persona x2)
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: hurt
Body: 10 - 4 = 6
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: hurt
Body: 10 - 13 = -3 + 7 = 4 + 4 = 8
Bracers: 20 - 14 - 14 = -8, ruined
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 54
Maka: injured
Body: 10 - 1 - 4 = 5
Tunic: 50 - 6 - 6 = 37
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: injured
Body: 10 - 9 = 1 + 3 = 4
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Tunic 60 - 2 - 2 = 56
Adisakti: hurt
Body: 10 - 6 = 4 + 4 = 8
Tunic: 60 - 2 = 58%
javelins: 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
One of the villagers comments on her surprise that such a diverse group of young men are able to work so harmoniously
Taylar replies, "It is our diverse personalities and skills that allow us to succeed so well. You might think about doing the same in your own village." If there are any comely women there Taylar will attempt to seduce them. (I don't consider that something to roll for, it's roleplay.) If it works with your story, great, if not, great. I'm good either way.
I can help you or father will teach you when we are back in town
Taylar says, "That seems a skill we should all take up, considering the symbols and words we encountered at the Keep. Would your father or anyone else have a book about places like the Keep of the Rising Sun? Perhaps we can be the first to write about it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases