TUW: The Outpost

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk bristles at Maka's words, but only for a moment. He calmly replies:
"I thought that and believed that when I first read and "saw" what everyone was seeing; but, a Warrior? Me?
I have been a very ineffective warrior at best. My attacks have been more distracting than incapacitating to the enemy. And, I am tired of being the one that becomes the most wounded, the most often."

Raven Elk takes a breath and continues:
"You know I love you all as brothers, but I fear I have become more hindrance than help. So, yes, I would rather study an old ruin than be a burden to all of you. Warrior. Pfft, some warrior I've turned out to be. But, I will go, if you insist; because you are my friends. However, I go under a doom; for I see no good end for me in this venture."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 307 - 317: The Outpost

OOC: All characters receive 5 DP.

Adisakti is stunned to silence, a rarity, by the vision incurred from the sweat lodge, even more astounded when he learns that it was shared by both of his friends. While the debate ensues for its significance or portent, the discussion is interrupted by a young man running into to town from a southeasterly direction, well more like stumbling.

The youth is a few years younger than the collective age of the Outliers and on the verge of complete exhaustion. Once given some water and time to rest he conveys that his small village has be destroyed by a group of Thisidan priests. The boy ran when the burning started.

This village, which has no name, is about a two day’s journey. Further discussion gives the impression of the same type of situation already discovered on the Windy Coast. Since the Outliers defeated that squad, this one has to be new.

Vittero cracks his knuckles and lets out a long slow breath. “This news, coupled with your visions, leads me to believe that it is not only to our honor but our duty to see to engage these purveyors of hate. For me, they blaspheme the whole concept of the Lord of the Day by taking some literal approach to the religion and are attempting to force their own ideology of superiority. My father harbors nothing like this avarice. I want to prove them wrong, fighting fire with fire if I have to.”

OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Coal: 2: {Heat x3}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 4 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Maka: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Adisakti: full health
javelins: 3
Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
My attacks have been more distracting than incapacitating to the enemy. And, I am tired of being the one that becomes the most wounded, the most often
Taylar says to Raven Elk, "I've recently added a shield to increase my defense. Perhaps you could add one into your arsenal to replace your smaller buckler."

This village, which has no name, is about a two day’s journey
Taylar checks the edge of his sword, "A village with no name has been destroyed by these religious marauders. It seems as though our path has been set out for us once again. We cannot ignore this call to restore justice and order."

Taylar will check their supplies and make sure everything is ready to set out for this unnamed village.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka nods, "Raven Elk, my friend, do not take my words in anger. I have always been, and shall always be, your brother. Our spirits are much the same, you and I. And this goes for the rest of you as well. My grandfather once told me, when I was very little, the skills of a warrior can be acquired and improved through merely practicing; but this means nothing, if one does not commit his heart and spirit as well. The key to becoming a warrior lies in the belief. If you do not believe, then your training and skills are in vain. Raven Elk, this is what I see in you, a lack of belief in yourself. If you commit to it in your heart, and believe with all of your spirit, then you will become a warrior. It's as simple as that. Belief is the key component."

After pausing for a few moments, Maka continues, "We should get Raven Elk a good shield, gather our provisions, and then head out to deal with these blasphemous dogs. We can afford to delay an hour or two, but no more. We should leave while there is still light, today."

MacConnell

Days 318 - 320: Just Some Village

OOC: All characters receive 5 DP.

Raven Elk nods in agreement with Taylar, saying:
"When can we meet your father about me getting a real shield?"
On the way out of town, the crew first swings by the Hunting Lodge to acquire Raven Elk a small wooden shield. Taylar informs him that once the crew finds more iron or coin, his father can add metal bands to it.
Coverage​
Hinder​
Deflect​
Soak​
30​
15​
20​
20​
Make sure you add this to your character record as I can no longer edit it.

Maka nods, "... We should get Raven Elk a good shield, gather our provisions, and then head out to deal with these blasphemous dogs..."
Taylar... will check their supplies and make sure everything is ready to set out for this unnamed village.
One thing to note before the crew departs is that the young man was not Thisidan. He was Pelimonra, one of the more socially advanced and friendly tribes of Faethrin. It may be that all of the villagers were of the same tribe.
The attentive nature of characters allows them a chance to notice various anomalies in their surroundings without seemingly making any effort. The numeric value for this chance is calculated by adding the Obscurative task to the Analysis task. There is no random aspect to this search.

Obscurative Task: Commercial + Mind + Knowledge
Analysis Task: Collegiate + Essence + Adhesion
Passive Search: Obscurative + Analysis
Raven Elk: 17 + 24 = 41
Maka: 34 + 19 = 53
Vittero: 23 + 37 = 60
Adisakti: 32 + 16 = 48
Taylar: 28 + 22 = 50
During the two days’ travel the crew notices no anomalies or dangers. The fauna of the forest is comprised of those denizens whose presence is constant. Taking a queue from the information provided by the survivor, the Outliers turn southward before reaching the village, hoping to intersect with the departing soldiers. Sure enough, after following the new trek for about an hour, the sounds of the forest change in a manner indicative of the presence of a threat, usually people. Venturing close enough to make sure but not so much as to be noticed, the crew confirms a band of Thisidan soldiers. Perhaps not soldiers specifically but the boy would not have known the difference. These are attired more like clergy than soldiers. They appear to be returning to Thisidaboga. They are not quiet or careful. The route they are taking winds considerable through the trees, as there is no path, but treks more west than south, indicating a desire to reach the road.
OOC: Current Inventory:
4-Wheeled Cart pulled by 2 donkeys
Coins:
  • chest of various coins
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Grizzly Skull
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Coal: 2: {Heat x3}
  • Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 9: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 4 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Mend Leaves: 1 measure {Mend x2}
  • Muddle Leaves: 2 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Soothe Leaf: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
  • Grizzly Claws: 20:
OOC: Vittero: full health
Bracers: 20 - 1 = 19
harnin arrows: 21
Taylar: full health
Spaulders: 20 - 6 - 6 = 8
Maka: full health
harnin arrows: 23
Raven Elk: full health
Buckler: 20 - 1 = 19
Adisakti: full health
javelins: 3
Acolyte Avery's Ledger
Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Listening to Maka, Raven Elk nods as if in agreement, but shakes his head sadly internally.
All the while, afterward along the journey, Raven Elk wants Maka and the rest to realize that he wants to be a medicine man. Yeah, with some warrior skills, sure; but not as his primary purpose.

MacConnell

Maka frowns, and says, "These must be the men that the boy mentioned. If we are going to strike, it should be now, in the cover of the brush, before they reach the road."
Adisakti smiles in a vulpine manner and readies a javelin. “Okay, how do we want to handle it?”

Taylar... Raven... have you any thoughts?”

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar looks closely to determine numbers and what they are armed with. He says, "If we are sure these are the men that attacked the village then we should attack them as soon as we have advantage. Do we have a useful spot to ambush them from?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases