• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[TV] Doctor Who

Felon

First Post
Yes, it could very well be that some weapons are more vulnerable to "sonicking" than others, but my preference would be not to to open that door in the first place (metaphorically speaking). Rather, have the Doctor--and, by extension, the writer--get out of a jam by thinking of something clever rather than something easy like "he zaps all their guns with the sonic screwdriver".

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Seems odd that the Silurian warrior was killed by two shots from a taser. I kept expecting either her to be bluffing or for some sort of handwavium to occur to bring her back to life.

Herschel

Adventurer
Yeah, the Sonic Screwdriver didn't bother me a wole lot, but the Warrior going down to two Tazer bursts I thought was a bit weak. The ending was also a precursor rather than an actual..."ending" of someone's story methinks. Especially not looking at spoilers but the last episode is named "The Big Bang".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Seems odd that the Silurian warrior was killed by two shots from a taser. I kept expecting either her to be bluffing or for some sort of handwavium to occur to bring her back to life.

That didn't bother me. Silurians have a different physiology to humans; maybe tasers are especially dangerous to them. They might be more resistance against some other things.

Perhaps they have Resistance 10 poison and Vulnerability 10 lightning. :)

MarkB

Legend
I liked today's episode a lot. Was glad for the space-crack theme taking a back seat, thought Tony Curran as Vincent was excellent, nice cameo by Bill Nighy, and it seems that at least one writer has as much dislike for the "sonic screwdriver as magic wand" trope as some of the posters here.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
it seems that at least one writer has as much dislike for the "sonic screwdriver as magic wand" trope as some of the posters here.

They hung a lampshade on that one, but it was nice to see.

I though this episode was great, especially the last ~10 minutes or so. Interesting the few little callbacks to the last episode.

Overall on of the best of the newest Doctor.

Herschel

Adventurer
Good episode. I was almost expecting the crack in the museum but glad it didn't go that way. Next week is the last "regular" episode of teh season already, then the two part finale.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads