[TV] Doctor Who

Krug

Newshound
The first ep didn't quite work for me, but I really enjoyed the second ep. There's a very deliberate low-tech look to the series so far; not too sleek like in US series. Episode two though the dear Doctor seemed like a supporting actor... in his own series.

Well really looking to Episode 3.
Winston Churchill and Daleks??
WOOOT!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, The Time of Angels was superb. I can't wait for the second part next week.

So far I'd rate them:

The Eleventh Hour: 8/10
The Beast Below: 5/10
Victory of the Daleks: 6/10
The Time of Angels: 9/10

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I actually got bored during "Time of angels", I think that part of the problem for me was that River Song was 'too good', especially with respect to flying the tardis. I really disliked the interplay about the traditional tardis noise being because the doctor always lands with the brakes on.

It just rubbed me up the wrong way (and there were numerous facets of that in the early part of the episode)

Quantum

First Post
Yeah, I think the low tech approach is simply to save money. I'm not opposed to it, though it is a funky approach. Then again, the Brits always do things funky.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Quantum said:
Yeah, I think the low tech approach is simply to save money.
Pretty sure I heard that the budget was cut back for this season.

I still feel like the actor for the new Doctor is still finding his footing. Frequently it seems he's falling back on Tenneman's interpretation and style.

Liking the companion, so far. A character how had to go through therapy due to her initial contact with him!

Redrobes

First Post
...I really disliked the interplay about the traditional tardis noise being because the doctor always lands with the brakes on...
Agreed - esp if in future episodes this season he lands it with the noise now he knows it can be done without. Its crazy to think he doesn't know about brakes on his own tardis. Wish they would stop treating him like a retard or trashing decades of historical precedent.

Anyway, regardless, I liked the ep in general.

I have to dive away at the end when they almost instantly cut to practically the whole next episode as a teaser spoiler tho. Whats with that ? Does any extra viewers tune in because they saw those few seconds and is it worth the spoiling for the millions of those who have already committed to watching it anyway ? Surely the number ratio doesn't make it a good idea. In the old days when we usually had 4 episodes per story I don't recall any teasers. I think they would have cut it just *before* he states/shows what he's going to do to fix the situation on the cliffhanger too.

Episode three airs next week on BBC America, so it appears we're 2 weeks behind y'all in Europe. So far the new Dr reminds me a lot of Tom Baker, America's favorite Dr. And that bit o' fluff Amy Pond is the hottest sidekick since Romana, now if they would just bring back K-9... :D

Remove ads