[TV] Doctor Who

Herschel

Adventurer
I highly doubt she's a time lord. I also had the momentary inkling she was Amy, but dismissed it outright as silly. I absolutely love the character though and was extremely happy Moffat brought her "back". If she stays as a character for too many more years though, at some point they may have to reboot to her younger years with a new actress.

I hope at least not for a while though, Alex Kingston is smokin' and hella cool.

Krug

Newshound
Finally caught up with the season. Quite a wild, fun ride.

Love the fez but would get tired of it if it was around too long.

[sblock="Spoilery stuff"]
River Song seems to be the Doc's wife/SO at some point, she knows his real name!
Maybe Amy is his daughter..,
HE said if you remember hard enough they can come back, well if River is his wife....
[/spoiler]
;)

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
I LOVED THIS EPISODE. :) It was less a Doctor Who story and more of a tribute to a man unappreciated in his lifetime, only for him to realize (through the miracle of time travel ;)) how great his legacy would be. My eyes welled up at the scene in the museum.:.-( Tony Curran was excellent as Van Gogh. And Matt Smith continues to show that remarkable gift for physical comedy. Neat. :)

+1

Here in central Pennsylvania, I watch the eps on BBCA, so I only just caught this one this past Saturday (June 27th). The Lodger isn't coming up until July 10th, so I suppose the season is a foregone conclusion for most of you lot, eh? :)

Really enjoyed Vincent and the Doctor, everyone gave a great performance, especially Tony Curran and Bill Nighy. I thought Dr. Black's speech about how he thinks Van Gogh is the greatest artist ever was awesome, and his facial expressions as he's thinking "did I just meet Vincent Van Gogh? - no, couldn't be!" were terrific. For me this ep ranks with Blink as one of the best stand alone episodes of the new series.

I'd love to ask opinions on the finale (assuming it's aired by now) but I want to avoid spoilers, so I'll come back and check in again at the end of July. :)

talwynor

First Post
SPOILERS BELOW

Couldn't stand that it was at least another 2 weeks til we saw the finale here after reading this thread so I caved and downloaded the last 2 episodes.

Count me among those believing Amy is River. I know it seems like a red herring, BUT

She is given the screwdriver and the spoliers book and I can see an older "pond" changing her name to "river" as she gets older. That, plus the doctor asking if she is married (which, yes I know, makes it too obvious, but still). I haven't even mentioned the red hair (love the red hair). SO - either Amy becomes River at some point, or, as someone mentioned earlier - they are related.

Regardless - loved the season and the season finale.

Remove ads