• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tweaks to Multiclass Feats

docdonuts

First Post
A few of my players were interested in taking some of the multiclass feats but disliked having to use up their paragon path to get an at-will power from their new class. So on that note what do you guys think about the following changes to multiclassing?

When you take any mutliclass feat you can choose to switch one of your at-will attack powers with one of the at-will attack powers of your second class. Furthermore, if the multiclass feat provides you with skill training in a skill for which you are already trained, you instead gain a +2 bonus to that skill.

Do you thing these changes are unbalanced?

gribeiro13

First Post
It basically means you're getting at first level something that wasn't meant to happen until 11th. IMO, however, there's nothing wrong with that, quite the contrary: it helps to create something more like a true multiclass instead of the "I'm a fighter who can cast magic missile once per encounter" (as you may have implied, I'm not a real fan of the way multiclass is handled in 4th ed).

As for the +2 bonus on a skill, I think it's good enough. That or you could let the player choose another trained skill from the class he's multiclassing into.

knightofround

First Post
I think it could be done, but you'd probably have to ban/nerf some of the better at-wills such as Twin Strike. Otherwise it'd be like going back to 3rd edition, when every martial class dipped into the first 2 levels of fighter purely to get extra feats.

Remove ads