• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tweet gleanings

LordArchaon

Explorer
BREAKING: From today's seminar live transcript:

Q: Any plan to bring back Oerth and Greyhawk?

A: (Mearls) With dndnext we want to bring all these things back together, the stories and worlds are just as important to us as mechanics, we want to embrace these things but can't say specifically.

Hahahha! :D Ninja'd by [MENTION=840]A'koss[/MENTION] - you get XP :p

Li Shenron

Legend
The continued use of feats is the one I consider the worst news. If you use them, you can say goodbye to speedy character creation. If you don't use them, I only hope that the default abilities are generic and flexible enough to hold all the archetypes X class could have. I've felt for a long time that the "customization" of feats was largely illusionary, with most feats simply being exceptions to rules that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

That was probably the result of designers' decision to avoid the whining of millions of simulationists who would have complained "why I cannot even try to do X?".

Anyway there is no indication on what is the content of feats. "Feats" is just the 3e name for essentially small add-ons to characters working like have/don't have, unlike skills which are progressive in nature.

Rechan

Adventurer
Yora said:
Product Schedule
Oh man. I can't wait to hear the news on that! I'm very curious what Modular thingies come out first.
(edit: seriously though, what part of 'we want to welcome players of every edition' don't people understand?)
The part where it welcomes people who like things they don't, with things they don't like.

Basically "I don't want that in my core book". Because if it's in the core book, that means they Have to accept it.

Sammael

Adventurer
Hold Person. Not really happy about that at all.
OTOH, I am very happy about it. Doubly so because it works on a minotaur (just as it does in my games).

Also we see guys killing ogres and fighting minotaurs and winning. So it sounds like either 1st level PCs are powerful, or monsters are pretty weak?
Ogres should not be out of reach of 1st level characters who employ teamwork and exploit the ogres' stupidity.

Sounds like they got lucky with the minotaur. And I'm fine with that as well. The 6th level party in my game recently killed a huge red dragon through a combination of luck, surprise, and unexpected tactics (though it managed to kill two party members before it died).

So Tieflings and Half-Orcs. Man, some people are going to be mad.
I would have preferred full orcs, but oh well. Tieflings are fine as long as they are not limited to being 4E tieflings.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads