D&D 5E Twilight Fables Launched!

dave2008

Legend
I was wondering when someone would call me out on that :) Call me crazy, but I'm doing an experiment with this. Because the book is done, and I paid for everything in advance, I'm in a fortunate position of not needing to hit a $40,000 goal to put the book out. So if I have a lower goal, like $5000, then if I make a lot more than that, the funding % will be much higher, which I've heard a rumor that that helps the KS algorithm when appearing on their front pages.

Not sure if that's true, but I'm going to see if so. Of course, ideally I'd like to get that $40,000 mark so I break even... ;)
That makes more sense from a cost perspective. No idea how it translates financial for you, but I hope it works out!

Sacrosanct

Legend
That makes more sense from a cost perspective. No idea how it translates financial for you, but I hope it works out!
You and me both lol. I did hear back from a local game store (Guardian Games in PDX), and they were very impressed with the advanced book I gave them and want to stock it on their shelves. However, they want to avoid KS and buy it directly from me. Which means in order to make it work, I have to have enough backers to warrant an offset print run, rather than POD (since most retailers pay 40% of MSRP, and POD is much more expensive per book than offset).

I'm really hoping to hit that $50,000 mark, because then I can do offset. POD is good quality, don't get me wrong, but if I can get offset, then I can get all backers a glossy page with gilded edges and bookmark ribbon as well, which I'd love to do for folks.

dave2008

Legend
You and me both lol. I did hear back from a local game store (Guardian Games in PDX), and they were very impressed with the advanced book I gave them and want to stock it on their shelves. However, they want to avoid KS and buy it directly from me. Which means in order to make it work, I have to have enough backers to warrant an offset print run, rather than POD (since most retailers pay 40% of MSRP, and POD is much more expensive per book than offset).

I'm really hoping to hit that $50,000 mark, because then I can do offset. POD is good quality, don't get me wrong, but if I can get offset, then I can get all backers a glossy page with gilded edges and bookmark ribbon as well, which I'd love to do for folks.
I only backed at the PDF level (I don't really do physical books anymore), but I hope you smash past 50k.

Irlo

Hero

Guardian Games is my game store! Now I’m in a bind. I usually try to buy from them. But if I don’t back your project, I might not be able to. And if I do back it, I won’t need to.

dave2008

Legend
Guardian Games is my game store! Now I’m in a bind. I usually try to buy from them. But if I don’t back your project, I might not be able to. And if I do back it, I won’t need to.
You can back the PDF and then buy the physical copy at your store. Though that will probably cost a bit more.

Last edited:

Remove ads