D&D 5E Two Full-Page Art Pieces From Mythological Figures: Lucifer & Cthulhu

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters, coming to Kickstarter in just under two weeks, is crammed full of awesome art. Here's a couple of full-page pieces depicting Lucifer, and Cthulhu. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/mythological-figures-and-maleficent-monsters

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters, coming to Kickstarter in just under two weeks, is crammed full of awesome art. Here's a couple of full-page pieces depicting Lucifer, and Cthulhu.

lucy.jpg

cthulhu.jpg

I have been looking at making a race based on Stormbringer it would be so badassed.
You mean based on the sword itself? I think it is pretty clear from the series that it is actually some sort of 'demon' (not that these categories really necessarily correspond much with D&D ones mind you). I seem to recall at the death of Elric it takes its natural form.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You mean based on the sword itself? I think it is pretty clear from the series that it is actually some sort of 'demon' (not that these categories really necessarily correspond much with D&D ones mind you). I seem to recall at the death of Elric it takes its natural form.
Correct the race could have an ability to take humanoid form (perhaps with a feat). The Weapon also floated on water. and could fly a yard off the ground for overland travel distances when it was abandoned.. it consumed power out of other magic items it destroyed - ie it has reason to gather treasure :p it absorbs their magic.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There is more than one other source for the idea actually. One example is an anime where all the lead characters are a pair up of hero and animate weapon.

There is more than one other source for the idea actually. One example is an anime where all the lead characters are a pair up of hero and animate weapon.
Sounds like maybe a subclass or something like that. In HoML I would just implement it by allocating certain boons to the item (IE they are manifested AS a weapon, but mechanically are boons of the character). The artifact rules might also work, but 4e-style artifacts fill a bit different niche.

Remove ads

Remove ads