D&D General Two underlying truths: D&D heritage and inclusivity

Hussar

Legend
Regarding inclusivity, D&D was inclusive in 1974, and it became less inclusive recently, with WotC's heavy accent on social justice.

Oh, yes. Tell us more. After all, for nearly forty years, D&D was predominantly played by a single demographic, while, now, we have players from all walks of life, spanning gender and age.

But sure, a hobby that was 90% white men was obviously far more inclusive than now. :erm:

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Just today, Mage Hand Press created a new Orc race entry for their Dark Matter space fantasy setting. I really like it.

mfov.magehandpress.com/?m=1

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, that's cool. Turning orc into a more positive spin and presenting them with all sorts of interesting background.

Now, to be fair, this is for a specific setting, so, it's a little bit easier than WotC's job, but, I'd say, that yup, that's how to handle it. I would love to see the old version just for comparison.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah, that's cool. Turning orc into a more positive spin and presenting them with all sorts of interesting background.

Now, to be fair, this is for a specific setting, so, it's a little bit easier than WotC's job, but, I'd say, that yup, that's how to handle it. I would love to see the old version just for comparison.
They didn't actually have orcs listed as a playable race in the setting, but it was a campaign supplement for core 5e, so they only statted out new races. I guess the alternate would be Volo's or Eberron/Wildemount.

Remove ads