D&D 5E Two vs. thousands

Azurewraith

Explorer
a single wizard with abi dalzims horrid wilting? Or was it circle of death? They don't let me bring my books to work, either way one of these spells has an insane area and will off orcs with ease

Edit:I forgot the prisoners... dimension door them out first.

Last edited:

D

dco

A spellcaster:
- Wish the hostages are safe at home.
- Divination magic, teleports +invisibility, etc.
If you want to fight orcs then the Champion is the best one at lvl 18, 3 attacks/round, dueling for damage, shield +defense for AC, criticals with 18, regeneration below 1/2 hp and does not waste resources. Druid of the moon with elemental form casting spells would also be very good.

RulesJD

First Post
Keep in mind you have Very powerful spells at that level. You could cast Antipathy (Orcs) on your robe.

You could stroll up to the place while the 1/20 or so orcs that don't flee in terror are easily dispatched.

*snip*

That wouldn't work. My use of Antipathy is much better because you need the Orcs to have Line of Sight for several hours to ensure they have all failed enough times to clear them from the encampment. If it's cast on your robe, it means they have to see you and be within 60ft before they need to make the first Wisdom saving throw. That means you'd be eating a metric ton of arrows before you cleared out the camp, far more than you could survive. Better to just cast it at the center of the camp or a rocking floating in the air so they can all see it even when they run away.

thethain

First Post
That wouldn't work. My use of Antipathy is much better because you need the Orcs to have Line of Sight for several hours to ensure they have all failed enough times to clear them from the encampment. If it's cast on your robe, it means they have to see you and be within 60ft before they need to make the first Wisdom saving throw. That means you'd be eating a metric ton of arrows before you cleared out the camp, far more than you could survive. Better to just cast it at the center of the camp or a rocking floating in the air so they can all see it even when they run away.

See you OR be within 60ft, not AND.

Bladecoder

First Post
"No one will remeber if we were good or bad, nobody will remeber if we won or if we were defeated. That is not important, what is important is that today two fought against many... Crom I have never prayed to you before, I have no tongue for it; But you are a god of valor and you enjoy this, so I ask you aid us in this battle" - Conan (Conan the Barbarian)

This being said I would choose a Barbarian and a Ranger.

Hope this was helpful.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Always bet on 2 wizards!

Invisibility + Fly should get the 2 of you to the prisoners. Quickly cast a 2 high level sleep spells on whatever Orcs you find in the room and take the key and then start casting dimension door to get them out?

The wizards would need to be moderately highly leveled.

Just to come at this from a different angle, and because I like Rogues.

A 10th level rogue with expertise in Insight, Persuasion, Deception, Intimidation, and Criminal Contacts.

You know a guy, that knows a guy, that can get a guy to get a message to the Orc leader for a secret meeting to negotiate. It'll be a very intense mafia style negotiation scene that might involve you betraying kingdoms and backstabbing allies. But all you care about is the hostages, so what if countrysides burn because of you.

No tricks, or spell, or grand stances, or heroism.

Just a plain dirty conversation filled with corruption, straining your morality to a breaking point. Making very hard choices that will change the person you were, forever.

Last edited:

I'll second (or third) meteor swarm casted by an evoker wizard. Meteors falling from the sky killing everything but the poor hostages will be killed. Add a taumaturgy cantrip or a magic mout cast on letter short before that which foreshadows the orcs impending doom.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases