• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons—Dragon & Icons of the Realms Minis

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
Tyranny of Dragons—Dragon & Icons of the Realms Minis

I have another newbie question!

I have seen the pics Morrus has posted previewing the Tyranny of Dragons (ToD) silver and black minis, but I have not seen any other news regarding them. Are these going to be released in stores? Are they GenCon exclusive things? Have they even been announced yet?

Also, any purchasing info on the Starter Set's Icons of the Realm Starter Set & Booster minis (also labelled with ToD trade dress)? An amazon search reveals nothing except various other related searches and related products (like the starter set). I am surprised that a product due in a month isn't available on amazon yet when all of the other announced & upcoming D&D products are there.

I just don't know how these things work yet. ;) Any advice based on past experience or other information I have most likely missed would be useful.

Thanks!

SigmaOne

First Post
Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
According to Alliance Games Distributors, the Icons of the Realms Miniatures Starter Set has the same street dates as the D&D Starter Set, July 3 for WotC Core stores and July 15 for everyone else. Likewise, the Icons of the Realms Set One Standard Booster (as well as the as-yet unnamed gargantuan promo figure) streets on August 8 and 19.

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
Thanks for the replies and links, all!

According to Alliance Games Distributors, the Icons of the Realms Miniatures Starter Set has the same street dates as the D&D Starter Set, July 3 for WotC Core stores and July 15 for everyone else. Likewise, the Icons of the Realms Set One Standard Booster (as well as the as-yet unnamed gargantuan promo figure) streets on August 8 and 19.

So, I'll ask my FLGS if I can preorder the Starter Set. Promo figure? Ooh tell me more. :D

How does one usually acquire a promo figure?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The promo figure is a buy-a-case promotion. For each case of figures (a little over $500 retail) the store orders, the store can order one gargantuan figure ($30 retail). We have not yet been told what the gargantuan figure is for this set yet. This is the same program as with the Pathfinder Battles miniatures sets.

tomBitonti

Adventurer

SigmaOne

First Post
Here's the Attack Wing release info:

WizKids has posted solicitation information for the Attack Wing: Dungeons & Dragons Starter Sets, which lists October 1 as the release date. The starters will contain three pre-pained plastic dragons with base and pegs, three maneuver dials, cards and tokens, with a tentative MSRP of $39.99. Wave One Expansion Packs, eight in all, will also be available, sold individually for $14.99. Wave Two Expansion Packs, three in all, will tentatively be available December 3, also with MSRP of $14.99.

from
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27898.html

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Here it is

attackwing_zpsfdc2298f.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads