D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons Getting Republished in Combined Anniversary Volume

So, WotC is re-releasing Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat in a combined volume, with a special cover, re-edited based on feedback, on October 22nd.

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 23.12.50.png

From ComicBook.com -- "The new Tyranny of Dragons volume will update the adventures by incorporating feedback to smooth out the curve for new players, while adding resources previously only available online and adding never-before-seen concept art. In addition, Tyranny of Dragons will have a new cover designed by Hydro74, depicting Tiamat in all of her five-headed glory."

The adventures are known as being very tough - it sounds like the challenge is being lowered a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I loved it. To me the criticism were the same many great movies get.

There were some definite growing pains, that prevented quite a few people from fully getting into the meat of the adventure. It is also significantly more railroad-y than 5E style as a whole ended up going, do it is a bit of an odd duck for this edition.

I personally love the opening, and there is fun meat on the bones here.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I’ll pick it up as well, enjoyed both books but I tend to use things from the books as the overall story but mix in my own things as well that I’ve mined from other adventures.

also the article says in game store only in October so that’s a plus to offset the naysayers about the Target exclusive Essentials boxed set.

dave2008

Legend
Love the cover air, I hope they make Tiamar feel more God like/impressive.

If they make any changes to Tiamat they would probably nerf her like they did the Demon Lords in MToF.

If you want a real Tiamat, you an use mine ;) : [post=6701417]Tiamat[/post]

Hussar

Legend
Well, it does fit in with the rerelease of the starter set and whatnot. Makes getting into the game a bit easier. And Hoard and Rise were always strong sellers on Amazon, so, a combined update would likely be very popular.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, it does fit in with the rerelease of the starter set and whatnot. Makes getting into the game a bit easier. And Hoard and Rise were always strong sellers on Amazon, so, a combined update would likely be very popular.

I mean, the books had their flaws, but even apart from this re-release they both still in print after five years, and people have been constantly talking about them, and running them. The story has legs, if not wings.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Having heard in advance so much negativity towards HoD, I was pretty surprised when I read it. It has its issues but imo nowhere near the disaster some make it out to be and has some very good set pieces. Personally I think it's better than Storm King's Thunder.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases