D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons is Coming! - the next storyline

Actually, if we can get a colossal Tiamat "mini" out of this, it will all be worth it!

:)
Well, you could buy some Reaper Bones dragons, lop of the heads, and glue them to a large dragon easily enough.
And the huge Aspect of Tiamat (which was a petty big huge and could fit on a gargantuan base) is still available on the secondary market.

JeffB

Legend
Hmm.

This whole idea sounds pretty boring to me..the story content that is, I have no need or desire for phone apps and computer game crossover. Hopefully there wiil be other adventure support that is not tied into metaplots, and adventurepaths or whatever.
:shakeshead:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Well, you could buy some Reaper Bones dragons, lop of the heads, and glue them to a large dragon easily enough.
And the huge Aspect of Tiamat (which was a petty big huge and could fit on a gargantuan base) is still available on the secondary market.

Yeah, I have the Aspect of Tiamat, but it looks wimpy next to my gargantuan dragons (to say nothing of the Colossal Red staring down at it).

Yeah, I have the Aspect of Tiamat, but it looks wimpy next to my gargantuan dragons (to say nothing of the Colossal Red staring down at it).
Wizards of the Coast seems to be out of the miniature business. They released the dragon set in late 2011 and they stopped Dungeon Command after it's initial five sets early in 2013.
Heck, we haven't even seen any new board games from them. WotC's D&D seems entirely focused on D&D Next and doesn't seem to have the resources for anything else. Apart from the two adventures, I can't remember the last non-reprint product from WotC...

They've partnered with Gale Force 9 who doesn't seem that interested in producing many new D&D minis, and is selling them for a pretty steep price. $50 for five unassembled and unpainted minis? Pass.

I'd love to see some Reaper D&D minis. But, really, there's few minis Reaper is not already making.

Pour

First Post
I like the concept, but I agree with the poster above this doesn't sing Forgotten Realms to me. This would have been the chance to do the pseudo-setting thing (or could I even begin to hope for a new setting). We just got an adventure set in Icewind Dale as it is. Unless that introduction was just filler and not a tease of the adventures ahead, it's looking like Icewind Dale, Silver Marches, Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Hell, and maybe Tytherion.

Now hear me out, how about Tyranny of the NPCs? You spend six adventures hunting down and killing all of the NPCs you hate in FR, starting with Drizzt and the gang (ugh and Mint Julip or whatever that chick he traveled with for awhile was) in Icewind Dale and moving down the Sword Coast, ending with Elminster. Heck, Tiamat offers you half her hoard in compensation. Now that might sell...

TanithT

First Post
Unfortunately the first time I read the title i skipped the first Y.

Now I just think of it as the Tranny of Dragons.

Not okay. The word 'tranny' is considered a slur, on par with the n-word for African Americans, and not an acceptable term for a transgendered person.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Not okay. The word 'tranny' is considered a slur, on par with the n-word for African Americans, and not an acceptable term for a transgendered person.

That's news to me. All of my tansgendered/transsexual friends use it, too. Probably a US thing?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
That's news to me. All of my tansgendered/transsexual friends use it, too. Probably a US thing?

Naw, Ru Paul uses it all the time on his show to describe himself and others. I think it's a point of contention within the community as well as outside it.

Remove ads