• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ugly Half-Orc Backstory

Inyssius

First Post
Maximillian said:
I don't know the source, but I keep hearing that the 1/2 orc didn't make it into the new PH because of the "implied ugly backstory." I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Rich Burlew is making fun of right now.

I totally did not catch that. Today's Order of the Stick just doubled in awesome.

malraux

First Post
Won't this really be the poison pill of the 4e GSL? Now that Order of the Stick has made a 4e joke, will the GSL permit them to make 3.5 jokes anymore?

DandD

First Post
Maximillian said:
I don't know the source, but I keep hearing that the 1/2 orc didn't make it into the new PH because of the "implied ugly backstory." I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Rich Burlew is making fun of right now.
I think I guessed that too. Still the regular 3.X-campaign assumes that half-orcs are mostly the result of not consentual mating between orcs and humans. Therkla would therefore be the exception-based character that D&D 4th edition embraces. :D
So, this mean that Burlew is in favor of D&D 4th edition, too. :p

Sojorn

First Post
malraux said:
Won't this really be the poison pill of the 4e GSL? Now that Order of the Stick has made a 4e joke, will the GSL permit them to make 3.5 jokes anymore?
Two 4th edition jokes!

The end is clearly nigh for OotS. WotC will be sending out the trained attack lawyers the second they mention anything about save and dies.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
What would be great is if once 4E is released that some of the OOTS characters classes stay as the 3.5 version and others become 4E. :D

I'm thinking V would like to keep his/her save or die spells. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads