UKG Publishing Releases With a Stiff Upper Lip

ukgpublishing

First Post
With a Stiff Upper Lip
A Guide to Modern Roleplaying in the United Kingdom
By Richard Fannon

Britannia, Britannia, Britannia. We conquered half the planet (and we’ll never let you forget it), raised sexual repression to an art form and we still can’t spell “color” correctly. Successive waves of invasion, immigration and assimilation have left us with a one of the richest and most diverse cultures on the planet, but a GM who wishes to set a RPG in the United Kingdom of the present day will have few resources available to her. This book aims to rectify this.

With a colourful look at life and culture in the UK, Richard sets out to dispell some of the myths Hollywood has created about our green and pleasant land, and with the insight only a true Brit can give, provide a 'tongue in cheek' flavour to this rich setting.

Available now from the Enworld store priced $7.99

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
This is a neat idea; heaven knows we need a guide to figure you Brits out. ;)

Is it just fluff, or is there crunch as well. Do you have other such cultural guides planned?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
With a Stiff Upper Lip + Year of the Zombie = Shaun of the Dead

:lol:

Seriously though, this is a great idea. I remember when Chaosium released Ramsey Campbell's Goatswood, there was a lot of criticism that the designers had no clue about life in the modern UK. The moral of that story: write what you know!

I'd love to see other countries covered like this as well. Canada comes to mind...

Soon as Christmas is paid for, I'll be picking this up. :)

ukgpublishing

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
This is a neat idea; heaven knows we need a guide to figure you Brits out. ;)

Is it just fluff, or is there crunch as well. Do you have other such cultural guides planned?

There is some crunch, although mainly stat blocks as illustrations of some NPC types. There are a lot of adventure hooks, keyed to each section, some of which I wouldn't have thought off.

As for other Cultural Guides, this will depend entirely if we can get some native of the culture involved, as I firmly believe that to write accurately about a culture you have to be part of it.

ukgpublishing

First Post
jaerdaph said:
With a Stiff Upper Lip + Year of the Zombie = Shaun of the Dead

:lol:

Seriously though, this is a great idea. I remember when Chaosium released Ramsey Campbell's Goatswood, there was a lot of criticism that the designers had no clue about life in the modern UK. The moral of that story: write what you know!

I'd love to see other countries covered like this as well. Canada comes to mind...

Soon as Christmas is paid for, I'll be picking this up. :)

Hehe With a Stiff Upper Lip + Year of the Zombie = Rise Britannia a planned product.

Hope you like it when xmas is payed for ;)

Remove ads