• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate gaming table

scrubkai

Explorer
I love making the maps in photoshop and revealing the dungeon slowly using various blending tricks. I even have one that simulates torches/lanterns perfectly.

I've often considered doing something like this but I really am a Photoshop novice. Any links or suggestions on a good tutorial that can get me moving in the right direction to get the blending done?

Gilladian

Adventurer
One thing I have strongly considered getting for under the gaming table is a couple of plastic roll-around carts with drawers in them. You could keep paper, pencils, minis, etc... all easily available and out of the way. I already have one for the DM's end of the table (which is raised 8" or so above the rest of the table).

In fact, the DM's end is actually a separate table, originally sold as a "dressmaker's cutting table". I haven't used it for that in years. Not since I bolted a swingarm for the 2nd monitor to it so I can swing it around to show things to the PCs.

Remove ads