Unconverted Forgotten Realms creatures

Big Mac

Explorer
Thanks for the clarification on stuff. I'm only answering this bit, because your other comments don't really need an answer (other than "ah right - I see now" :D ).

Echohawk said:
Big Mac -- No, I haven't looked through Candlekeep for creature conversions. Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific section of Candlekeep for updated monsters? (A quick search of the site map didn't reveal anything obvious.)

I must admit, I'm as baffled as you are. Candlekeep is the leading FR fansite and even has FR authors hanging around on their forums. They have a ton of useful information, but I find their website a bit hard to navigate around (at the moment). (If they improved their navigation I think they could be fighting Dragonlance Nexus and Planewalker for an ENNie award.)

I think their forums would be a good place to recruit helpers (or people who know the location of existing conversions). I'll post a request over in their Running the Realms forum and see if anyone comes over.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
There are a few conversions/monsters in the "Alaundo's library" section of the site (check "scribes' gatherings") but no real section for conversions AFAIK. The Candlekeep Compendium also has monsters from time to time (not sure if they're conversions). However, maybe one of the Candlekeep mods can tell us more.

BTW, Echohawk, I've done the stats for the young and mature lichlings here and will be posting a PDF of them on my web page as soon as I can get the fluff written.

freyar

Just to let you know, you can scratch the lichlings off the list. I've finished them and put them up in a PDF ("More Realmsian Creatures") on the web pages in my sig.

Shade

Monster Junkie
From Monstrous Compendium Volume Three: Forgotten Realms Appendix:
  • Pleistocene Animals, Wooly Rhino - Animal

The dire rhinoceros in Fiend Folio appears to be the wooly rhino.

freyar

Got the quelzarn finished (and created the greater quelzarn) and posted in the More Realmsian Creatures PDF. Over the next day or so, I'll post it in homebrews.

Shade

Monster Junkie
From How the Mighty are Fallen:
  • Netherese Zombie - Undead

Finished.

From Ruins of Zhentil Keep:
  • Zhentarim Spirit - Undead

After reviewing this one, we found the small writeup in Monsters of Faerun to be an adequate conversion.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Netherese Zombie - Undead
Zhentarim Spirit - Undead

Fixed! The Zhentarim shouldn't have been included on this list in the first place; I had them indexed as both "Ghost, Zhentarim Spirit" and as just "Zhentarim Spirit" by accident :(

Remove ads