• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Undermountain- Ch.1 Welcome

Steve Jung

Explorer
Langan Stonecutter: Male shield dwarf evoker 1

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"A few moments to formulate a plan is far better than rushing off to an early grave. Five minutes to get appropriate information is not too costly to avoid another heap of corpses in the Undermountain," Luth says sharply.
"Aye. But they can't have gotten far. An apprentice and a couple ne'er-do-wells can't be that hard to find."

Last edited:

"I believe that they problably went to into the Undermountain at the most popular entrance...Durnan's The Yawning Portal, there is a well right in the taproom that will lead you into the Undermountain."

"Be prepared for anything, many who go into the Undermountain never come out."

The the old wizard looks at the wood elf, who is hanging back from the rest of the party, "You only want information about an individual?"

"Well I must say ye are not the typical sellsword."

"I have a few contacts in the city who are information brokers, I could possibly get that information for you."

unleashed

First Post
Garret Thorngage, Male Stoutheart Halfling Rogue

"Thank you Master Flurmastyr for your hospitality, I'm sure we'll have your apprentice back soon," he says saluting the alchemist. "Meet you all at the Yawning Portal in an hour," he shouts enthusiastically just before he exits the alchemists abode.

Garret then returns to his lodgings, picks up his gear, and after asking for directions to the Yawning Portal makes his way there to wait for the others.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Luth Stonar, male human cleric of Grumbar

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Well, we are forewarned, and that is forearmed. Do you know what types of 'foul creatures' lurk in the Undermountain? Must we worry about drow, or mindless beasts, or something else all together?" Luth asks.
*Luth promts his question again, wanting to know what they're going to be up against.* "Being prepared for anything is all well and good, but those few that have returned from Undermountain must have had some tales of what they fought."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Langan chuckles. "Twins, huh? That's an interesting coincidence. Perhaps Marthammor put me on this path. Count me in, Master wizard. Plus, it's a good opportunity for me to examine that fine dwarven workmanship in person."
"It seems you and I are on the same page! What an opportunity to observe some of the dwarven craft." Mardin nods in agreement.
Jumping out of the chair and moving towards his drying cloak he continues, "As for a plan we can work that out on the move..."
"Yes, maybe they are still relatively close and we can catch them before they venture too far." Mardin stands to brush himself off.

He stays long enough to hear the old wizard's answer to Luth's question, then leaves to get a meal before he starts his journey.

Lefferts

First Post
Gorstag waits for the wizard to answer Luth and then goes to inform Lieutenant Malark of his plan to search Undermountain for the three youngsters.

He then goes to the Yawning Portal and waits for the others.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Langan Stonecutter: Male shield dwarf evoker 1

Jdvn1 said:
"It seems you and I are on the same page! What an opportunity to observe some of the dwarven craft." Mardin nods in agreement.
"Indeed, cousin. I'm Langan of the Stonecutter clan. What's your name?"

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Steve Jung said:
"Indeed, cousin. I'm Langan of the Stonecutter clan. What's your name?"
"Mardin from the Nalik clan. I am nowhere close to home, though. I'm from the South, you see. The Rift. I think we have very different customs from you." He extends a hand toward Langan.

"Ahh well Luth, as I have said the Undermountain is ever changing in population due to the portals."

"But many that have returned have spoke of Drow roaming the ancient halls, take care when confronting Dark Elves."

"Also many have reported various tribes of wererats as well."

"That is all I really know Luth, ahh well there is also one other thing....the city of Skullport is said to lay deep in the Undermountain, a band of vicious ruffians rule that place and traffic with all sorts of vile Underdark denziens, I would avoid that area if I were you."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Luth Stonar, male human priest of Grumbar

"Very well, I thank you for your information. Let us depart, we have a long road ahead," Luth says, and rises to depart to the Yawning Portal.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads