D&D 5E Underwater Adventures!

Xander is buffeted by the fast rushing water biut is able to pull free before being sucked into the maelstrom. He searches for the squid faced man that cast the spell and sees that he is fleeing. Xander swims towards the man seeing that he will not reach him he speaks a sharp word and vanishes in a cloud of bubbles, reappearing right in front of the fleeing man. Without hesitation Xander slashes at the man twice with his sword.

OOC: I will move towards the man and then use a bonus action to cast Misty Step to get in front of him. I will then attack him with my pact blade.
Two attacks with pact blade on squidface: 2#1d20+8 27 18
Sword damage.: 2#1d8+5 9 6

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Tai-Tai, frightened by magic of tenctacle guy still manages to recover some of his stamina in mad rush to get away. Running away from more powerful creatures isn't unknown to him, lone hunter that doesn't know when to run will not last long.

Thus, when the maelstrom appears, he easily pulls out of the current. The pain doesn't manage to snap him out of his fear however.

OOC: With fear affecting Tai-Tai and thus disengage and full move away from the caster, is Tai-Tai even in maelstrom area? Anyhow he is at 13-7 = 6 HP if affected, 13 if not.

[sblock=Actions]
Last round bonus action:
[roll0]

New save
[roll1]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Squid man convulses, being hit by the lighting breath, but not a direct hit, then hit again by the Chromatic Orb. Then Xander appears in front of him and rips out a few of his face tentacles! That hurts!

Desperate, the squid man gestures a piece of tentacle, and squrming, ebony tentacles seem to grow from the very water itself! They thrash and grasp at Xander, and the Squidman bolts past Xander, continuing his exit.

OOC:
Xander gets an Opportunity Attack. And he must make a DC 13 dex saving throw or take [roll0] damage and is restrained. In order to follow the squid man, you will have to go through the tentacles, and since it is difficult terrain, you can only go 15 feet of the 20, and therefore will have to make the saving throw again on your next turn. Succeed on both and you can follow him. Unless you can teleport again.

Anyone else who chases after the squid man will have to go through the tentacle mass if you want to have any hope of catching him.

Xander swipes at the man as he retreats. The blade impacts with the man and a concussive force smashes into him.

OOC: Attack on the squid-man with my pact weapon.
Attack of opportunity: 1d20+8 28 That is a critical. I am going to use my Eldritch Smite invocation to do an additional 4d8 force damage and knock him prone. This is a crit so I will be doing 2d8 slashing damage and 8d8 force damage.
Attack of opportunity critical w/ smite: 2d8+8d8+5 56 That is 12 slashing damage and 44 force damage.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Explode! Can you use smite after the fact? I play paladin in another game and I wasted good spell slots on misses

Remove ads