Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Cleric, Druid, Wizard Options

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

safe_image.php.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In this particular case, compared to free online? Not in terms of bang-for-buck. Sorry.

The whole book is a tremendous bargain, in bang per buck ratio. The name lists are a delicious dessert, and again, I use them. Also, unlike online name generators, they can be used at the table on the fly without involving electronics. That's worth $$$ right there.

Eric V

Hero
The whole book is a tremendous bargain, in bang per buck ratio. The name lists are a delicious dessert, and again, I use them. Also, unlike online name generators, they can be used at the table on the fly without involving electronics. That's worth $$$ right there.

You are a perfect WotC customer...I genuinely hope you get some free swag every now and then.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You are a perfect WotC customer...I genuinely hope you get some free swag every now and then.

Not yet, lol. Honestly, WotC is producing the perfect product for me, and has been since 2014. Their decision-making process results in me getting what I like, so I am a fan of the process. It's like the D&D Next playtest and their product schedule were designed with me in mind personally in terms of what we got, which is hilarious to me.

MarkB

Legend
The only thing I really don't like about the Wildfire druid is that it doesn't feel particularly wild. With the targeted and often selective attacks of both its summon and its other class features, this should be called the Carefully Controlled Fire druid.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
In this particular case, compared to free online? Not in terms of bang-for-buck. Sorry.

Think about the size of the D&D playing community in 2014. Now double it. Now double it again.

You think those more than four times as many people who have never played before as familiar with the game as people on this forum?
They aren't. Naming lists are a vital way to help the vast majority of players.

Eric V

Hero
Think about the size of the D&D playing community in 2014. Now double it. Now double it again.

You think those more than four times as many people who have never played before as familiar with the game as people on this forum?
They aren't. Naming lists are a vital way to help the vast majority of players.

Dude, the list of fantasy names I've used aren't on this forum...I find them elsewhere on the Internet, with a minimal Google search. For free. Your bolded parts above are serious hyperbole unless all these players don't have internet connections...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Dude, the list of fantasy names I've used aren't on this forum...I find them elsewhere on the Internet, with a minimal Google search. For free. Your bolded parts above are serious hyperbole unless all these players don't have internet connections...

So, you don't like them: other people do like them, and apparently the balance of the feedback WotC has gotten.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was addressing his point that they weren't available elsewhere and were "vital." Nothing to do with whomever likes them.

He didn't say that online name lists are only available on forums, but that forumites are going to be aware of these things that most players probably won't think of looking for at all. The lists in a book: very useful.

Remove ads

Remove ads