Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Cleric, Druid, Wizard Options

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

safe_image.php.jpg

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
The Circle of Wildfire is structured very similarly to the Circle of Spores. Each receiving an extra cantrip, a table of extra always-prepared spells and an option to use wild shape in a new way. I like this format I just fear that with enough themes that the circle of the land druid will become obsolete as extra spells and natural recovery are the only real features of the subclass, everything else is mainly fluff.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Twilight Domain is awesome. My only wish is that Moonbeam was on its domain spells list.

I like the idea of a wildfire-themed Druid. I don’t get what’s going on with that spell list, and I don’t think a pet fire elemental is my favorite way to express the idea of a Druid with a connection to wildfires.

Onomancy is a very cool concept. I dig the ability to force a creature to reveal its true name, and the free uses of Bane and Bless on creatures you speak the true name of. I hate that you only need to speak one of the targets’ true names to do it that way, though. You should only be able to affect targets whose true names you know when you cast them that way, IMO. I don’t “get” resonants. They don’t seem to fit the theme to me, and the mechanics are messy and awkward.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I like the true names thing a lot. I don't know how useful it would be in a dungeon crawl, but it has the virtue of being different from the other Wizard types. It has flavor. Just don't ask lowkey13 what that flavor it is. :p

The other two are cool too. Twilight especially, although I don't know if I could put up with a whole campaign of being the butt of constant Team Edward jokes.

jib916

Explorer
Why the sudden releases of multiple class options in UA after months of little to no content?

Are these for the upcoming Ebberon book? Or Perhaps a (unannounced) Guide to Everything 2 (or something similar)

Or is WOTC feeling the pressure to create more player driven content with the release of Pathfinder 2 (and its crunchier approach?)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Why the sudden releases of multiple class options in UA after months of little to no content?

Are these for the upcoming Ebberon book? Or Perhaps a (unannounced) Guide to Everything 2 (or something similar)

Or is WOTC feeling the pressure to create more player driven content with the release of Pathfinder 2 (and its crunchier approach?)

They aren't saying specifically, but it is probably for some future product (Eberron is at the printers). They changed the rythem, so instead of once a month, it's when they want to test something.

Some of us have our...theories.

Remove ads

Remove ads