Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Divine Domains

This week's Unearthed Arcana from WotC's Mike Mearls and Jeremy Crawford introduces new cleric domains of the domains of the Forge, the Grave, and Protection. Let us know in the comments what you think!

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 19.43.18.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 19.43.18.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 19.43.18.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 20,929

The PDF isn't up for me either, but the description is:

Clerics are blessed with new Divine Domain options in this week's Unearthed Arcana: the domains of the Forge, the Grave, and Protection.

Edit: the PDF is up now.

Forge domain: Blessing of the Forge grants you a free, +1 weapon or armor at 1st level. Don't like! OP at 1st level, very weak at later levels.

Grave domain: I like this one! A lot!! Great for a cleric of Kelemvor. Channel domain feature inflicts vulnerability on your target for the next attack that hits it. Not only that, you can turn a crit into a normal hit at 6th level.

Protection Domain: Kinda Meh...

Sacrosanct

Legend
Forge domain: Blessing of the Forge grants you a free, +1 weapon or armor at 1st level. Don't like! OP at 1st level, very weak at later levels.

I wouldn't say that. +1 plate mail is still pretty rare even at higher levels

Heh, this was actually my favorite. I like playing protector type classes, and this ability reminds me of the fighter fighting style from earlier playtest packets. I love it. To each their own obviously.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Grave domain: I like this one! A lot!! Great for a cleric of Kelemvor. Channel domain feature inflicts vulnerability on your target for the next attack that hits it. Not only that, you can turn a crit into a normal hit at 6th level.

Forge: it is pretty useful, but not OP compared to other similar Cleric abilities at that level, and still retains usefulness at latter levels (more situational, depending on magic item economy at work). What really strikes me is that these abilities loom like a Cleric/Artificer mix, might we see a new Artificer base class soon..?

Grave: Big glaring gap in the PHB as written, glad to see it.

Protection: interesting.

First thoughts:

Forge Domain: If this guy can't make permanent magic items, fans of the artificer are probably destined for unhappiness, but at least they can play this sweet cleric until the Doom of the Artificer falls upon them. A good utility cleric.

The Grave: maybe it is just the bonus spell list, but this one seems to have a hard time deciding if it is the old repose domain or the death domain redux.

Protection: The war domain has been overtaken as the "paladin" cleric. I suspect anyone who loves the bear totem barbarian will love this guy too. Kind of funny to see Odin on the list of gods who might have this as a preferred cleric.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases