Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Sorcerer and Warlock

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from WotC today, hot on the heels of the recent one for barbarian and monk. "Two classes, the sorcerer and the warlock, discover new playtest possibilities this week. The sorcerer receives a new Sorcerous Origin feature: the Aberrant Mind. Meanwhile, the warlock gains a new Otherworldly Patron feature: the Lurker in the Deep. We’ve also included a new cantrip: mind sliver."

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 23.57.22.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
I'm happy to see Aberration based sorcerer but mechanically I find both of them to be kinda boring. Almost all the features are rehashes of effects we've already seen before elsewhere.

The only thing that is somewhat interesting is bringing up the possibility of bonus sorcerer spells known based on bloodline. That came up in early UAs but I don't think made it into any of the published sorcerer bloodlines.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
The warlock seems very much inspired by the warlock Travis Willingham plays on Critical Role, and his patron Ukatoa.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Grasp of the Deep is solid. Like a 3-5 times daily Spiritual Weapon with an extra control effect.

I think the Sorcerer is a neat alternative to GOO warlock. It's got a different flavor. That said, I wish it's 1st level abilities set it apart from other options better. After that, I actually quite like it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Weren't you discussing this before; that they were n't going forward with a psionic class (Mystic, Psion) but instead with psionic subclasses?

They were looking at both: Psionic subclasses to fill the conceptual spaces, like a Psychic Warrior for Fighter, with a core Psion Class to fill the last space. The core Psion's schtick, based on early thoughts, would be taking the Concentration rules and breaking them over their knee.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases