Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Sorcerer and Warlock

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from WotC today, hot on the heels of the recent one for barbarian and monk. "Two classes, the sorcerer and the warlock, discover new playtest possibilities this week. The sorcerer receives a new Sorcerous Origin feature: the Aberrant Mind. Meanwhile, the warlock gains a new Otherworldly Patron feature: the Lurker in the Deep. We’ve also included a new cantrip...

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from WotC today, hot on the heels of the recent one for barbarian and monk. "Two classes, the sorcerer and the warlock, discover new playtest possibilities this week. The sorcerer receives a new Sorcerous Origin feature: the Aberrant Mind. Meanwhile, the warlock gains a new Otherworldly Patron feature: the Lurker in the Deep. We’ve also included a new cantrip: mind sliver."

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 23.57.22.png

People either don’t realize or don’t want to admit that their problems with 4e had far more to do with presentation than design.

Presentation does matter. But it doesn't matter that much. Enough people were turned off by the design, that much should be pretty clear at this point. That said, it doesn't mean it wasn't well designed, or that it was a bad game. It just wasn't what a significant chunk of the D&D fanbase was looking for. I tried playing it. I really didn't like it. It is sometimes difficult to identity why, and reasons offered can certainly be scrutinized and deflected. But I know for sure, this was not an issue of presentation for me. And I think it wasn't an issue of presentation for most people. Being told you like something you don't, or that you don't like something you do like, or that you would like it if you truly understood it, is one of the most infuriating things people do in these kinds of game discussions. We can't all have the same tastes. And sometimes a game comes along that appeals to a portion of the fanbase but turns off another segment. You can't force people to like what you do.

Blazestudios23

Explorer
You can customise it on the character sheet to another ability score. There are quite a few things you can mess around with like changing a fighter's saves from strength and constitution to intelligence and wisdom (if you wanted). You can grant half proficiency, proficiency, and expertise to saves and skills and grant extra feats above what PCs normally have. I was actually surprised at the amount of customisation they have on the sheet.
You can change it on D&D beyond? How do you do this?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
You can change it on D&D beyond? How do you do this?
After creating the character, open the character sheet, click on the skill in question, and on the right above the skill description are the customisation options. You can change the skill's primary stat there and add any notes relating to the change. The skill will change to the new stat and turn blue to signify that it is customised.

The character sheet really does have a lot of customisation options, I quite often find something new.

dndbeyond-skillstats.png

Blazestudios23

Explorer
After creating the character, open the character sheet, click on the skill in question, and on the right above the skill description are the customisation options. You can change the skill's primary stat there and add any notes relating to the change. The skill will change to the new stat and turn blue to signify that it is customised.

The character sheet really does have a lot of customisation options, I quite often find something new.

View attachment 118904
Wow, I will need to try to click on more things. I know you can add equipment and change spells from the sheet.

Remove ads

Remove ads