Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Spirits Bard and Undeath Warlock

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

We have a new UA release with two subclasses. The College of Spirits Bard is a fortune teller or spirit medium type character with a big random effect table. Meanwhile the Undeath Pact Warlock is a a do-over of the Undying Pact Warlock.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 6.49.17 PM.png

Yeah.

I really do not think that this UA is meant for Xanathar's 2.0/Planescape. It doesn't fit the theme of the other more recent UA subclasses, and comes out too soon before November. Does anyone disagree?
It may be that "Xanathar's 2" was scheduled for November, but, because of rejected psionics and failure of sufficient subclasses to meet the 70% bar it has been postponed to spring.

The changes to the survey suggest WotC may be concerned about the validity of the results.

Kurotowa

Legend
The changes to the survey suggest WotC may be concerned about the validity of the results.

I'd say it's less about validity and more about nuance. You've got a couple of intersecting axis at work here that combine for different results like "I've never played this class before but this subclass makes me interested in doing so" or "I've played this class before and I don't think this subclass holds up" or "I'm not particularly interested in the class and this subclass doesn't change that". I'm sure all that is very valuable information for them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'd say it's less about validity and more about nuance. You've got a couple of intersecting axis at work here that combine for different results like "I've never played this class before but this subclass makes me interested in doing so" or "I've played this class before and I don't think this subclass holds up" or "I'm not particularly interested in the class and this subclass doesn't change that". I'm sure all that is very valuable information for them.

Yes, especially as the approach increasingly niche options. I think this change to more nuanced data that can be looked at from multiple angles suggests that this is, indeed, material for the next thing, after the Q4 product.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It may be that "Xanathar's 2" was scheduled for November, but, because of rejected psionics and failure of sufficient subclasses to meet the 70% bar it has been postponed to spring.

That could be it, but at this point, there's not any real evidence of this happening. We'll see soon, I hope.

Remove ads

Remove ads