Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Subclasses Part III: Artificer, Druid, and Ranger

The third in the recent spate of D&D subclasses from WotC! "Continuing our series of new D&D subclasses in 2020, Unearthed Arcana presents three more for you to playtest: the Armorer for the artificer, the Circle of the Stars for the druid, and the Fey Wanderer for the ranger. Today’s article also includes some new infusions for the artificer."...

The third in the recent spate of D&D subclasses from WotC! "Continuing our series of new D&D subclasses in 2020, Unearthed Arcana presents three more for you to playtest: the Armorer for the artificer, the Circle of the Stars for the druid, and the Fey Wanderer for the ranger. Today’s article also includes some new infusions for the artificer."

UnearthedArcana_header.jpg

Which is the real point of the level 9 ability, letting you finally infuse your magic armor and it's weapons. Kind of puts you on the back foot compared to other (non-alchemist) Artificers who have a +1 weapon or Focus starting at level 2.
I suppose the power armor itself is not explicitly a magic item. So you could put ONE infusion on it prior to level 9. You could infuse the weapons or the armour, but not both.

As an aside, this is another issue with the battlerager's spiked armor - your artificer mate can make the spikes magical, or the armour magical, but not both.

Last edited:

No you can't - the infusions must be used on a non-magical base item. Which these clearly aren't.
The armor isn't magical as far as I can tell. So it is possible to put a weapon or Armor infusion on them prior to lv 9.

The thunder Gloves are also missing the light tag so they aren't getting 3 attacks unless they grab a feat.

Iry

Hero
Oh, I just realized that Dreadful Strikes actually works worse with Two Weapon Fighting than I thought. Because the Bonus Action that triggers the extra damage occurs after you take the Attack Action, meaning only the Bonus Action qualifies for bonus damage.
Yeah, I caught that as well. A Two Weapon Fighter can use her bonus action to attack AND enchant, but that option is only available after you have attacked at least once with your unenchanted weapon.

Yeah, I caught that as well. A Two Weapon Fighter can use her bonus action to attack AND enchant, but that option is only available after you have attacked at least once with your unenchanted weapon.
Yeah, I don't believe that is the intention of the author.

Remove ads

Remove ads