Unique Ranged Weapons

EdL

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Check out Talislanta. The Orgovians had a weapon called a Star Thrower. Essentially a crossbow but it fired spiked orbs the size of golfballs.

Jack

Which would be pretty useless against armor, I should think.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Alzrius said:
It's apparently a crossbow, but it fires stones, not bolts. It certainly seemed interesting.

Reminds me of the Hammerbow from an old Wormy comic.

"That's a big crossbow - what sort of bolts does it use?"
"Not bolts... hammers."
"Good Lord!"

A warhammer with fletching is such a memorable image :D

-Hyp.

Ace

Adventurer
Captain Tagon said:
I'm trying to come up with some unique ranged weapon ideas, beyond the normal bow and such, and was wondering if any of you had any that you'd used in games before.

I have a weapon called a Klee in my game. Its a triangular throwing weapon based off the Kapak from Beastmaster and its namesake the Klee'at from Star Trek TOS Episode Fridays Child

There is also an Orc Wepon called a Shang which is similar to a Hunga Munga

In my GURPS game (GURPS Man MagiMech and Madness) there is also a weapon with the Warhammerish name of a Bolt Thrower which is a rod shaped weapon that used a TK effect to sling darts at a target --

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Kenders.

A long leather strap with 3-5 throwing knives loosely attached. When you snap it like a whip in the direction of an enemy, all the knives are launched.

Immak Antunel

First Post
"what's that?"

"It's a chainsaw-gun."

"What's it do?"

"It shoots a chainsaw."

More seriously, I've always wanted to use a caber, as in caber-tossing, the Scottish log throwing sport. I saw it in one of the 3.0 splatbooks, and it just seemed nifty. And now that I'm thinking about it, it'd be fun to scale one up a bit... yay for storm giants with oversized weapons :D ...

Krug

Newshound
000007355_flyingguillitine1X.jpg

Flying Guillotine!

Remove ads