• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Baked Beans + Hotdogs or Mac and Cheese + Hot Dogs. Latchkey Kid staples in Michigan.
Massachusetts, too, but we had/have a thing about baked beans.

1000004823.png

other way-round; 6 buns, 8 hot dogs.
(according to legend, the kids in the average 2.3 kid household would want to each eat a hot dog the moment the pack was open)
...then there's the disconnect in length between buns and hotdogs....
My mother wrapped the hot dog in bacon, packed in Velveeta, wrapped it in tinfoil, and baked it.

It wasn't until years later, when I had my first Cordon Blue, that I realized the French had stolen the recipe from her.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I kind of associate Germany when it comes to food with two things: sausages and baking.
I’ll give you the first one, but I’m 50/50 on the second. SAVORY German baking is some of the best I’ve ever had, and is part of my test menu when evaluating German restaurants & bakeries. (Baguettes & croissants are up there, too.)

They’re sweet baked goods, OTOH, I avoid. ESPECIALLY if given the choice between the Austrian and German versions of a given cake or pastry. It’s as if Germany exports 1/3rd of their sugar across the border, much to the delight of Austrian kiddies.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I’ll give you the first one, but I’m 50/50 on the second. SAVORY German baking is some of the best I’ve ever had, and is part of my test menu when evaluating German restaurants & bakeries. (Baguettes & croissants are up there, too.)

They’re sweet baked goods, OTOH, I avoid. ESPECIALLY if given the choice between the Austrian and German versions of a given cake or pastry. It’s as if Germany exports 1/3rd of their sugar across the border, much to the delight of Austrian kiddies.

Its always possible I'm not separating the two apart sufficiently in my mind.

Squared

Explorer
And now I have an Oscar Mayer scramblers ad at the bottom of the page. Which is more or less what is being talked about here…

The algorithm is watching….

^2

mythago

Hero
And the key to ethical lootboxes is filling them with resellable NFTs. :p

If the value of cards had anything to do with their longterm gameplay utility, we'd be talking about boardgame prices, not the madness that is TCGs.

I mean, the genius of collectible card games was "what if baseball cards, but a playable nerd game?" (And before baseball cards there were cigarette cards.) The loot-box madness goes back way farther than MTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads