Unusual Food Thread

Zardnaar

Legend
At least it's savoury, my friend tried the lamington potato chips the other day. Really weird.

Those are disgusting. Threw the bag out.

Cheeseburger was alright but tasted like pickle. Which is fine but I prefer the Delisio burger flavoured ones. Wouldn't rush out and buy them again but they were decent.

Tried this yet?
IMG_20200830_144451.jpg

Ginger flavoured milk for non Kiwis.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Those are disgusting. Threw the bag out.

Cheeseburger was alright but tasted like pickle. Which is fine but I prefer the Delisio burger flavoured ones. Wouldn't rush out and buy them again but they were decent.

Tried this yet?
View attachment 125308

Ginger flavoured milk for non Kiwis.
I don't blame you for chucking them, don't think I'd ever be curious enough to try them.

I have not tried the milk, I do like ginger beer, is this ginger milk any good?

Zardnaar

Legend
I don't blame you for chucking them, don't think I'd ever be curious enough to try them.

I have not tried the milk, I do like ginger beer, is this ginger milk any good?

Not to bad. I liked it but not enough to buy it over the other Lewis road milk. Did taste like gingernuts though.

I liked the Whittaker's ginger beer chocolate, wife didn't. Might buy that one again idk.

Ryujin

Legend
I got some dried dulse a few years ago at a Nature’s Grocery near me. That’s a store 1 part grocery, 1?part vitamin store, 1 part new age shop.

It wasn’t bad, but I was the only one who really enjoyed it at all.

It's certainly one of those things that you either like, or don't. For some it's an acquired taste. As a kid it was just a very easily available sort of thing but, like so many other things in life, it's been latched onto by a specific group and the price has gone way up.

Ryujin

Legend
At least it's savoury, my friend tried the lamington potato chips the other day. Really weird.

In Canada, pretty much every year, Lays has a contest for new regional flavours. I think they do in the US also. We've had some really good ones like Buttered Chicken and some real losers, like Mac & Cheese (seriously, just get some sort of cheese flavoured chips). The Montreal Smoked Meat flavour was bloody horrid. Didn't taste like any sort of meat at all let alone the Montreal Smoked variety, which is something I like to get whenever possible.

Zardnaar

Legend
In Canada, pretty much every year, Lays has a contest for new regional flavours. I think they do in the US also. We've had some really good ones like Buttered Chicken and some real losers, like Mac & Cheese (seriously, just get some sort of cheese flavoured chips). The Montreal Smoked Meat flavour was bloody horrid. Didn't taste like any sort of meat at all let alone the Montreal Smoked variety, which is something I like to get whenever possible.

I think that's a worldwide things. Some duds over the years.

Lamb and Mint
Salmon
Mac and Cheese

These flavours have been good.

I think they're doing mountain dew Doritos atm.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Not to bad. I liked it but not enough to buy it over the other Lewis road milk. Did taste like gingernuts though.

I liked the Whittaker's ginger beer chocolate, wife didn't. Might buy that one again idk.
I still haven't been able to find that chocolate. Was hoping to get some to taunt a friend of mine who is also looking for it. I'll keep an eye out for the milk, I don't often have drinks like that though due to diabetes, to much of a sugar hit, same with the chocolate. Only an occasional treat nowadays.

Edit: Just went and bought a quick (cheese burger) pie and found the chocolate there so had a try of it. Not too bad.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've seen various joke flavours for Lays on reddit. Shame the Montreal Smoked meat didn't taste good, all too often what sounds like it would be an awesome flavour fails in execution.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases