Unusual Food Thread

Zardnaar

Legend
Yep. Smoked/toasted eggplant, puréed and seasoned. Similar to hummus, but different enough to be its own thing.

Yeah I've had it at All Sultan. Thought I may have gotten it mixed up with Hungarian dish.

Wasn't sure if others also did it. Very delicious starter.

Food from Morocco through to Iran is very good and Indians also nice. Heard good things about Afghani food and Pakistan as well so yeah.

Zardnaar

Legend
No pix, but I had a falafel sandwich for lunch. Kinds like a po-boy, but with tahini and tzaziki instead of mayo, a pita instead of French bread, and falafel instead of oysters.

Pretty good!

I blame you. Falafel schwarma with fries and bbq sauce and aioli.

IMG_20201211_125921.jpg

Similar in price to a large quarter pounder combo. Surprisingly filling and one of the best I've had it was delicious.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nice!

I’m not a huge fan of falafel, but every once in a while, I really crave it. This was my first time trying it at this particular spot. Saw the sandwich version on the menu and had to order it. Not the best I’ve ever had, but definitely a hit. Would have again.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nice!

I’m not a huge fan of falafel, but every once in a while, I really crave it. This was my first time trying it at this particular spot. Saw the sandwich version on the menu and had to order it. Not the best I’ve ever had, but definitely a hit. Would have again.

Well it's an $8 meal. One place has nicer falafel but not as nice filling, or you can go get a falafel kebab at about the same price without the chips.

Hence why we rarely eat McDonalds. Same/similar price get a kebab/wrap.

Zardnaar

Legend
Largest meringues I've seen. Bigger than my fist.

IMG_20201213_104419.jpg

And walnut and date slice. Bought as a treat for later. Ginger icing.
IMG_20201213_104539.jpg

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Went to a bakery here. As I understand it ours are different to US/UK ones.

The savory selection. Pies here not sweet although you can get apple pie. Egg and bacon savouries, sausage rolls, heat and eat pizza, various pies.

IMG_20201219_091640.jpg

The sweet buns type stuff. Custard squares, brandy snaps, lammingtons.

IMG_20201219_091710.jpg

And what we think if as American donuts. No idea of how authentic they are.

IMG_20201219_091800.jpg

Lots of bread,cookies etc this is more stuff you would grab for lunch or snack.

Last edited:

Remove ads