Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
I wouldn’t put it past them, but knowing Texas, it was more likely a choice of mustard, BBQ sauce or Ranch dressing. 😃

In the 90's I found a ye olde fish and chip shop in a small town.

Not many places still offer vinegar but this one did along with a variety of sauces.

First time I found garlic butter as an option. It's not something you find very often maybe one shop I know of in town.

Bag if fries that's greasy with butter.

That's a yeah na from me.

Zardnaar

Legend
Success!!. Took last night's tenders and added some habenero sauce to the marinade.
IMG_20210315_180454.jpg

Used up the last if that delicious hummus and made two wraps each.
IMG_20210315_181111.jpg

Kebab burger was a failure. Wraps had the usual salad, tabuli etc. Chickens buried under everything. Basic idea is fold it up and eat.

Zardnaar

Legend
The tenders sound and look tasty! How spicy were they?

Not that spicy but noticable. I used chilli flakes and cayenne pepper sometimes but it disagrees with her stomach.

Probably should have used more coating. Teaspoon of chill powder heats them up. Mix of habenero sauce and smoked manuka bbq, lemon juice, crushed garlic, paprika.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something I havent done in a while, but that you might dig, is somethkng I created called Sweet Hot Chicken. I baked my chicken pieces in a glaze made of melted butter, honey, a little lemon juice, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cinnamon, and lightly crusted with slivered almonds. (I don’t use salt or black pepper for it, but there’s no rule saying you can’t.)

Like the name says, the result is a sweet & spicy chicken that is a nice departure from the usual. The only downsides are that it is sticky, and that while cooking, it smells like someone’s cooking an apple pie.

Zardnaar

Legend
Something I havent done in a while, but that you might dig, is somethkng I created called Sweet Hot Chicken. I baked my chicken pieces in a glaze made of melted butter, honey, a little lemon juice, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cinnamon, and lightly crusted with slivered almonds. (I don’t use salt or black pepper for it, but there’s no rule saying you can’t.)

Like the name says, the result is a sweet & spicy chicken that is a nice departure from the usual. The only downsides are that it is sticky, and that while cooking, it smells like someone’s cooking an apple pie.

Think I have all of those ingredients in the cupboard.

Generally I don't use butter in cooking. I like it but that whole diet thing.

Probably why I've been eating more spicy food and using chilli sauce,habenero etc and eating more jalapeno.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter

One of ways I love to pan-cook pork and chicken involves a spice rub that has many of the ingredients of apple pie, deglazing with Southern Comfort or spiced rum, and finishing the pan sauce with apple butter.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hmmmm...

Y’know, when I came up with Sweet Hot Chicken, I wasn’t cooking much with alcohol. Maybe some cheap cooking white wine...and that’s a crappy salt bomb.

Perhaps...adding a bit of hooch in that glaze might give it some different and desirable flavors. I’ll have to think about it.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I don't so as much with glazes, but adding booze might do good things. Though I like what spiced rum or SoCo bring to the party, since you have a flavor profile you're aiming for (or aiming to augment) I'd probably start with something unspiced.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases