Upcoming Arthurian Movie The Green Knight Has An RPG

The Green Knight, an Arthurian-themed movie starring Dev Patel as Sir Gawain has been delayed because of the global pandemic. However, you can pre-order the official RPG which releases in August! The game is called The Green Knight: A Quest for Honor. Characters come in the form of knights, nobles, hunters, sorcerers, and bards, and comes in a boxed set with a rulebook, a book of encounters...

The Green Knight, an Arthurian-themed movie starring Dev Patel as Sir Gawain has been delayed because of the global pandemic. However, you can pre-order the official RPG which releases in August!

The game is called The Green Knight: A Quest for Honor. Characters come in the form of knights, nobles, hunters, sorcerers, and bards, and comes in a boxed set with a rulebook, a book of encounters, a d20, character sheets, and a map. The game costs $35 and ships on August 7th.

20200706_A24_TheGreenKnight_Game_4420gray.jpg

As for the movie itself, here's the description: "An epic fantasy adventure based on the timeless Arthurian legend, The Green Knight tells the story of Sir Gawain (Dev Patel), King Arthur's reckless and headstrong nephew, who embarks on a daring quest to confront the eponymous Green Knight, a gigantic emerald-skinned stranger and tester of men. Gawain contends with ghosts, giants, thieves, and schemers in what becomes a deeper journey to define his character and prove his worth in the eyes of his family and kingdom by facing the ultimate challenger. From visionary filmmaker David Lowery comes a fresh and bold spin on a classic tale from the knights of the round table."

20200706_A24_TheGreenKnight_Game_4449gray.jpg

Here's a quick look at the movie's teaser trailer.

Dioltach

Legend
Man, that box looks like it came off of someone's shelf from 1983, ha ha!
That was my first (or perhaps second) thought too. It would fit right in next to my BECMI boxes.

We should talk more about pronunciation and less about the RPG.
Middle English has awesome pronunciation. And alliterative poetry just fits the language so much better than metred poetry does. Stupid Renaissance poets and their stupid sonnets.

One thing I know for sure is that if you mispronounce “Gawain” at your table while playing this RPG with your friends, @Dioltach will personally come to your table and behead you like the Green Knight.
I'd be like Father Christmas trying to visit every single house in one night! But I'll definitely try.

It's almost 25 years since I got my MA in medieval chivalric romances, I hadn't realised the feelings still ran so deep. Now, someone ask me about my mother ...

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Proper old-school vibes all around this product, but I wonder is this just a single scenario? Still, could make for a fun one-off evening.

Based on the box text it's a starter set for A Quest of Honor but that could all just be fun marketing stuff. It's possible that there's enough of a system to make more past this scenario/module.

Remove ads

Remove ads