[UPDATE: NOW LIVE] TOME OF BEASTS Preview - A 5E Monster Book from the Kobolds!

Kobold Press is continuing its D&D 5E offerings with a new Kickstarter which is set to launch today (Monday). I'll update this article with the link when it arrives (update - it's now live), but the project is a new 5E monster book called Tome of Beasts. Kobold Press, of course, made the Tyranny of Dragons adventures for WotC. They've kindly sent along a preview of this new book - an eye golem - which is one of the more than 300 monsters in this book.

Kobold Press is continuing its D&D 5E offerings with a new Kickstarter which is set to launch today (Monday). I'll update this article with the link when it arrives (update - it's now live), but the project is a new 5E monster book called Tome of Beasts. Kobold Press, of course, made the Tyranny of Dragons adventures for WotC. They've kindly sent along a preview of this new book - an eye golem - which is one of the more than 300 monsters in this book.

[UPDATE: The Kickstarter has now launched!]

This makes the second major monster book from a third-party (Necromancer Games produced 5th Edition Foes earlier this year). Here's what I know about it so far - it's 300+ new monsters which are compiled from Kobold Press' history, full colour, and will be Kickstarted for 30 days starting Monday 5th October. They mentioned that the book would include clockwork creatures, drakes, dragons, devils, and dark fey.

There's also a Book of Lairs which features short adventures (and also starring some of these monsters), each with a large encounter map.

What else have the Kobolds produced for 5E? Aside from the two Tyranny of Dragons adventures for WotC, they've already brought us an adventure called The Raven's Call, and a pile of races and backgrounds in Midgard Heroes.

eye_golem.jpg

SaveSave

Does anyone know if the $149 level and above include (for no extra cost) the Fantasy Ground add-ons? Seems to be implied by the graphic on the main page but not stated anywhere.. unless I missed it!

20 minutes left, we got the $190,000 level and need just 7 more backers to unlock the last the Special Mystery goal to end this puppy! Get in or you'll regret it later!

Does anyone know if the $149 level and above include (for no extra cost) the Fantasy Ground add-ons? Seems to be implied by the graphic on the main page but not stated anywhere.. unless I missed it!

You are good, that's why I upgraded from $90 to $149, it includes the Fantasy Ground add-ons.

It's mentioned in the the Update for what you get in the $90, some one had asked about the $149-

Kobold Press about 4 hours ago
[MENTION=98025]Mai[/MENTION]te Cicili : Yes, the Special does include Fantasy Grounds for both books, plus print copies of both. And all the digital and PDF extras including 4 adventure/encounter supplements and 2 player option supplements.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
Well done, KP. I believe I am going to be quite pleased with my coming rewards. Bummer about the 2,500 backer level. That sounded absolutely epic. So close. Oh well.

Mhyr

Explorer
I was verrry close to joining the kickstarter, but at that time there was no need for more in our game. As I am tinkering with an idea for a time after PotA I suddenly need high CR (15+) critters to stock up the dungeon.

So I have two questions on this one:
Will or when will the ToB be available to non-backers?
Will it contain or how many CR 15+ beasts will this tome offer?

Thank you very much in advance, as I couldn't find anything on this elsewhere.

Remove ads

Remove ads