D&D 4E UPDATE on 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numion

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
I think he's somewhat amused at how seriously everyone takes these posts, to the point of wanting his identity exposed, having him banned, crosses burnt on his lawn, etc.

But isn't that what trolling is all about? Post something inflammatory and then be amused at the responses? To each their own, I guess, but trolling isn't deemed to be 'good behaviour' on most messageboards.

Not that I'd be a stickler for goody good behaviour ;)

Vindicator

First Post
Numion said:
But isn't that what trolling is all about? Post something inflammatory and then be amused at the responses? To each their own, I guess, but trolling isn't deemed to be 'good behaviour' on most messageboards.

Not that I'd be a stickler for goody good behaviour ;)

I'd agree, to a point. Although the term "troll" is, I think, more properly used in cases where someone posts, "3.5 SUXXORS1! And SO you all oF you!1"

Cowpie Zombie's posts were, in my opinion, quite obviously bogus. The irony is that so many people seriously debated the "rumor". Which I think reveals something about the current state of our hobby. We're so hungry to spend money on the latest kewl thing that we are simply incapable of finding contentment with what we have.

I look at Zombie's posts as a kind of indictment of the "4e is cumming1!" trend.

Sebastian Lewis

First Post
JPL said:
It's probably funnier in person or something.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. i thought it was kind of funny, because i didnt believe the posts. i assumed they were jokes.

No reason to get all angry, tho. Save that for world poverty or other social injustices. ;)

Numion

First Post
Vindicator said:
I'd agree, to a point. Although the term "troll" is, I think, more properly used in cases where someone posts, "3.5 SUXXORS1! And SO you all oF you!1"

That kinda troll isn't going to fly. It'd just get deleted. A little more finesse is warranted. I, like you, was surprised that the first thread had the steam it did, because the premise was just insane. Just goes to show that the trolling succeeded. You cant get those kind of responded with simply stating "3.5 SUXXORS BUT I R0xx0R5!"

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I laughed my butt off when I read his first thread I was suprised everyone took it so seriously. I think the tone of a thread is really set by the first couple posters.

Eternalknight

First Post
Oh, I know, my question was framed in a 'stating-the-bloody-obvious' kind of way :)

Just goes to show that trying to decipher the tone of a written post is darn near impossible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads