• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED AGAIN!] PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE - First Review!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

[UPDATE -- the author has deleted his review.]

UPDATE 2 -- he has kindly reposted it!

Click on the image below, read the comment, and as soon as you get your copy be sure to rate and comment on it yourself!

image.jpg

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=67925]Fildrigar[/MENTION]: You mentioned previously that the archomentals have CRs in the 18-19 range. That seems a bit low to me. Are you able to say whether they are the *real* archomentals or are they just lower-level aspects of them?

Fildrigar

Explorer
[MENTION=67925]Fildrigar[/MENTION]: You mentioned previously that the archomentals have CRs in the 18-19 range. That seems a bit low to me. Are you able to say whether they are the *real* archomentals or are they just lower-level aspects of them?

When I wrote that, I was out at the pub having beers, and away from the book. ( Which is why I posed "IIRC" ) Air/Water are 18, Fire is 19, and Earth is 20. They have some pretty decent Lair actions, and are accompanied by their respective prophets. ( And a few of the prophet's bodyguards. ) You actually only end up fighting one of the Princes of Elemental Evil. You fight each prophet, but only the final one has completed the summoning. Even if the CRs seem a little low, I'm quite sure they are going to provide a very harrowing fight.

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=67925]Fildrigar[/MENTION]: Sounds good! Thanks.

Any chance you could touch on the list of new critters in Chapter 7 (even if just in a PM)?

Fildrigar

Explorer
[MENTION=67925]Fildrigar[/MENTION]: Sounds good! Thanks.

Any chance you could touch on the list of new critters in Chapter 7 (even if just in a PM)?

Mostly cultists in chapter 7. Plus, Princes of Elemental Evil, and myrmidions. ( Slightly different elementals in plate armor. )

pukunui

Legend
Mostly cultists in chapter 7. Plus, Princes of Elemental Evil, and myrmidions. ( Slightly different elementals in plate armor. )
OK. Thanks! On a side note, is Olhydra still a princess rather than a prince?

Had a Feeling Ogremoch would be the strongest of the 4. He is stated as being the Eldest of the Elemental Princes while Yan-C-Bin is the youngest.
'Tis a pity they're just using four of them. Cryonax is pretty cool too. (Pun intended?)

Mymidions must be the replacement for the Elemental Archons from 4e.
That's what I'm thinking too.

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
Olhydra, Princess of Evil Water. Yes.
OK. Good. The only reason I asked is because I was looking at the (admittedly hard to read) preview image of GF9's Elemental Evil DM screen, and it kind of looked like the caption for the image of Olhydra on the screen read "Prince" rather than "Princess", so I wondered if maybe they'd changed it. I'm glad to hear they haven't.

(It's also entirely possible GF9 got it wrong on the screen.)

Remove ads

Remove ads