• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED AGAIN!] PRINCES OF THE APOCALYPSE - First Review!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

The first comments on Princes of the Apcalypse are in. Fildrigar is the first to rate and comment on the adventure in EN World's ratings system, and gives it a score of 5/5. The adventure doesn't technically hit the shelves until April 7th (or March 27th - next Friday - in preferred stores), so I'm not sure how Fildrigar got hold of one, but there it is!

[UPDATE -- the author has deleted his review.]

UPDATE 2 -- he has kindly reposted it!

Click on the image below, read the comment, and as soon as you get your copy be sure to rate and comment on it yourself!

image.jpg

Markh3rd

Explorer
Are any of the adventures underwater? I'm curious if the water genasi get tto use their swimming and water breathing features in game.

Are any of the adventures underwater? I'm curious if the water genasi get tto use their swimming and water breathing features in game.

I personally would not be surprised in there was a not a lot of water in the Cult of the Crushing Wave part of the adventure. But I don't own the book so no idea.

TRDG

Explorer
Yep. If I don't like something ( HotDQ ) I'm just not going to review it. I'm not a professional reviewer, just someone who loves games. And this module blew me away. I quickly shelved the plans I had for my campaign, and pushed the party towards the Sumber Hills. My review is deliberately a little vague, because the book isn't out yet, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. ( I shouldn't have it yet, not until Friday. ) I will try to expand it more this week.

And I wish there was a way to rate with half stars, because I would have rated several of the things I've reviewed 4.5. ( Including this one.)

Thanks for the updated review and I hope you kinda know what I was thinking when I first posted on this bud. HotDQ and TRoT was such a huge let down for me, so that (rightly or wrongly) carries over to "well how "good" or Bad" will this one be..??" kind of thing!!

And then I saw your (first effort) review on the "news" with a 5 Stars and when I read it it seemed like I just did not feel there was enough listed there specifically to rate it as such. So I ended up starting to think was this perhaps a "5th Ed can't go wrong" kinda thing or was it really that much of a better campaign compared to their first try???

Well 2 more days and I'll know for myself and still hoping it does in fact offer that much more (and live up to your 5 star rating) than the other two campaign books, ha ha

Also, would it ever be considered to change the star rating system to get the half stars as an option by chance here on EN WORLD, pretty please. :)

Tom

Fildrigar

Explorer
Thanks for the updated review and I hope you kinda know what I was thinking when I first posted on this bud. HotDQ and TRoT was such a huge let down for me, so that (rightly or wrongly) carries over to "well how "good" or Bad" will this one be..??" kind of thing!!

And then I saw your (first effort) review on the "news" with a 5 Stars and when I read it it seemed like I just did not feel there was enough listed there specifically to rate it as such. So I ended up starting to think was this perhaps a "5th Ed can't go wrong" kinda thing or was it really that much of a better campaign compared to their first try???

Well 2 more days and I'll know for myself and still hoping it does in fact offer that much more (and live up to your 5 star rating) than the other two campaign books, ha ha

Also, would it ever be considered to change the star rating system to get the half stars as an option by chance here on EN WORLD, pretty please. :)

Tom

I've continued updating the review. I started with 4.5 stars ( though the EnWorld rating system will only let me put 5) but upon reflection raised it to 4.75. You see, reviews are subjective, and the things I was dropping a half star for are the things that I enjoy doing anyway. ( Fiddling with the structure of the adventure. Using DM powers to make things fit the way I want to run it. )

TRDG

Explorer
Yep, totally understood, right now I am kind of struggling with PF's Giantslayer's first module "ratings" I will do in the near future. I'll let ya know about this one once I get it in hand and have a bit of time to read and ponder my thoughts about it, compared to yours, and others I am sure by then, LOL.

Cheers, til then, have fun DM creating bud

Tom

Fildrigar

Explorer
I have a three page pdf I've written up full of ideas for linking LMoP to PotA. ( plus, ideas to help the flow of the adventure.) I'll probably post it Friday, but it might be up to four or five pages by then. I just can't help myself.

carmachu

Adventurer
I've continued updating the review. I started with 4.5 stars ( though the EnWorld rating system will only let me put 5) but upon reflection raised it to 4.75. You see, reviews are subjective, and the things I was dropping a half star for are the things that I enjoy doing anyway. ( Fiddling with the structure of the adventure. Using DM powers to make things fit the way I want to run it. )

Honestly I can't wait to see it. I have it and wondering if folks will have similar opinions on it.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
In regard to the appendix on how to run the adventure in other settings, does it give any sort of hints on Lost Mines of Phandelver, since the maps of each adventure either touch or are very close together?

pukunui

Legend
You actually only end up fighting one of the Princes of Elemental Evil. You fight each prophet, but only the final one has completed the summoning.
Is this predetermined in the module, or does it depend on how the PCs progress through the adventure? That is, could one group end up fighting Olhydra while another group ends up fighting Imix?

Remove ads

Remove ads