• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[UPDATED] WotC Gives You Some Official 5E Modern Armor!

This took me rather by surprise - WotC has just posted statistics for D&D 5E versions of modern armor types, including leather jackets, tactical vests, forced entry units, and other items straight from d20 Modern. The article is titled "Firearms", but its focus is adding armor to use alongside the existing firearms in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

This took me rather by surprise - WotC has just posted statistics for D&D 5E versions of modern armor types, including leather jackets, tactical vests, forced entry units, and other items straight from d20 Modern. The article is titled "Firearms", but its focus is adding armor to use alongside the existing firearms in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

UPDATE: WotC has just renamed the article from 5E Firearms to My New d20 Modern Campaign.

Find the article here.

modern.jpg

eheide

First Post
I think it's good synergy for WoTC to release an article supporting D20 Modern immediately after Wil Wheaton announced he was using the Fantasy AGE system to run a post-apocalyptic campaign, Titansgrave, where there will be goblinoids running around with laser rifles. Now their fan base can utilize D&D to play in the same kind of setting, reinforcing WoTC's claim that D&D supports all styles of play.
I'm sure WoTC would have loved Wil to use D&D, however it sounds like other powers intervened.

ccooke

Adventurer
Nope, it's what I said! :)

I got ya, sorry if I didn't make that clear myself. But DR as a distinct concept or rule does not exist in 5E. Obviously, the basic idea of DR exists in certain spots, but as you DID say, the term "Damage Reduction" is not anywhere in the core books.

Wait. That's exactly what I said, earlier...

So my point still stands. Experienced D&D fans were probably not all that confused about Helmick's use of DR in his article, but newbies might be very confused. So, a simple sidebar explaining DR and maybe even tying it to the examples you listed would be a good thing.

And that's basically the same thing as I was saying.

Um. I think we may have been vehemently failing to disagree on this one :)

Don't you love the internet?

Still, excellent article and I'm looking forward to more!

Now, this is definitely something we can agree on...

... I think.

Remove ads

Remove ads