Upper_Krust: Fix This

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I just realized something. By allowing the Half-Celestial or Half-Fiend templates as Divine Abilities. You've just inferred that Outsiders are a race...however unintentional this may have been. For those HALF-BREED templates were devised on the premise that outsiders were a species of sorts. Yet...you completely denied outsiders as a species in an earlier conversation that occurred months ago. :)) This just makes me giggle.

I would advise either eliminating those two templates as divine abilities (as the divine templates themselves more than adequately cover the half-divine concept anyways) or offer an alternative of some sort. I personally have never used them as both of those templates run contrary to the whole..."outsiders are divinities" concept anyways. :))

I also propose a pamphlet of some sort that you could sell to us that would update all currently existing dragons (since most are underpowered compared to Epic Bestiary builds) and outsiders, including Rakshasa, ect. (since so many outsiders are out of whack). I know Id buy it. Perhaps even included breakdowns in this pamphlet.

Just ideas...

WarDragon

First Post
I just realized something. By allowing the Half-Celestial or Half-Fiend templates as Divine Abilities. You've just inferred that Outsiders are a race...however unintentional this may have been. For those HALF-BREED templates were devised on the premise that outsiders were a species of sorts. Yet...you completely denied outsiders as a species in an earlier conversation that occurred months ago. ) This just makes me giggle.
What are you talking about? They can be purely spiritual beings and still create half-breeds with mortals. The resulting offspring will just have the DNA of their mortal parent only, infused with celestial or fiendish essence.

I also propose a pamphlet of some sort that you could sell to us that would update all currently existing dragons (since most are underpowered compared to Epic Bestiary builds) and outsiders, including Rakshasa, ect. (since so many outsiders are out of whack). I know Id buy it. Perhaps even included breakdowns in this pamphlet.
There you go again, trying to make extra work for U_K, on top of the buttload he's already got on his plate...

U_K!

It might be a tad late for the February 10th/11th update, but a bit later tonight I plan to, if time permits, give Chapter 4, the powers section a good rundown. I'll post a .txt attachment with all the errors (mis-referenced prerequisites, etc) and questions regarding the powers (Like any rules mechanics regarding the powers, such as if it offers a save, or what kind of action it takes to use, etc), and any typos. It might not get done until tomorrow afternoon, but I hope to include everything I can.

This way, should someone else decide to do this later, (and I implore them to; I tend to miss the obvious) they can check my notes so two people don't post the same list of typos.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Aye...that may be true about the half-breed templates. But there is one problem with that. The Celestial or Fiendish, or rather Outsider, essence is precisely what comprises the divinity templates. Thus making the half-outsider templates obsolete. Here's the schtick...

WOTC defines outsiders as races outside the prime material plane.

Krusty defines them as not being races per se, but rather...divinities of sorts.

This is why I initially had a problem with not just slapping the divinity templates on preexisting outsiders, which in my opinion would solve all my problems and save everyone who has the same problem a lot of time and energy.

So either the divinity templates replace the weaker and stupider half-outsider templates (which they should if you buy that outsiders are not a race, but rather forms of divinity) or Krusty should declare outsiders to also be a race and not just forms of divinity (which would also make sense) thus allowing the half-outsider templates to make a lot more sense.

Especially since half-outsider templates are essentially the same thing as Krusty's divinity templates...just a whole lot shitier.

As for the pamphlet idea...it was just an idea.

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
New Topic...

...Sea and Sky Portfolios...what if someone has both...are they weakened all the time? They cannot realistically be in both continuously at all times. Or...are they weakened only when away from both simultaneously? I use the latter, as the deity draws power from one or the other, or even both.

Fieari

Explorer
Divine Ability: 13. BANE GUARD
You can combine your music with others for greater effect.

Fix the description.

Divine Ability: 147. SPELL ABSORPTION
Okay, so you absorb the spell. Then what? Specify what you can do with an absorbed spell (I assume, from the description, that you can cast it?)

Last edited:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I plan to, if time permits, give Chapter 4, the powers section a good rundown...
Haha, yea right.

Evidently my computer has decided February will be it's last months, and keeps shutting down anytime I do anything.

I managed to get the first 2 pages of chapter 4 edited, (Most of what I got to was just grammar and such) but my computer just can't seem to handle 'notepad'. :(
It can run doom 3 fine. But notepad, oh man. (Probably a power supply problem. Runs any one thing fine; try two things: bam!)

Anyways, I'll attach what I have so far in case someone like U_K want it.

Attachments

• IH Editing - Chapter 4.txt
    3 KB · Views: 147

Hey Ltheb matey! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Haha, yea right.

Evidently my computer has decided February will be it's last months, and keeps shutting down anytime I do anything.

I managed to get the first 2 pages of chapter 4 edited, (Most of what I got to was just grammar and such) but my computer just can't seem to handle 'notepad'. :(
It can run doom 3 fine. But notepad, oh man. (Probably a power supply problem. Runs any one thing fine; try two things: bam!)

Anyways, I'll attach what I have so far in case someone like U_K want it.

Listen mate don't worry about the editing, I am the last person in the world to criticise anyone about that, I appreciate any work you do and never feel obligated to do anything - thats my job. ;)

Sorry to hear your computer is going belly up. But at least you have a machine that could run Doom 3, I'd be lucky to run Doom on this bucket of bolts.

Upper_Krust said:
Hey Ltheb matey! :)

Listen mate don't worry about the editing, I am the last person in the world to criticise anyone about that, I appreciate any work you do and never feel obligated to do anything - thats my job. ;)

Sorry to hear your computer is going belly up. But at least you have a machine that could run Doom 3, I'd be lucky to run Doom on this bucket of bolts.

Heh, it only bothers me that I got snowed in, and I have nothing to do. :)

Once Ascension is finished (text-wise, not editing wise) I'll haul my old Pentium 2 out of the closet and throw my copy of Ascension (and probably Adobe 5) on a CD and just use that computer to do the editing.

Don't worry; I don't feel obligated, but this is just one of those things that's just too cool. I figure, anything I can throw together to save you time is time I save everyone else. The players in my gaming group are just now starting to get inundated with the Worship-point system. Heck, while their characters have aquired a couple of worship points, they have not yet learned you can lose quintessence. :)
Last session the party 'paladin' (at this rate he won't be one for long:)) exaggerated the infamy of a rival just to get the group to go and off 'em. They guy they killed, while a seditious, had good proof and justifications for his actions, though no one bothered to see his side. :) Hurray for quintessence loss. Oh man, the paladin lost his whole 2 worship points. But that's going to be a drop in the pond if the paladin keeps lying and skewing the facts. I am lenient but I shall soon make it clear to him that he's treading on thin ice. (By the way: can quintessence scores go into the negatives? :))

But yes, the Immortal's Handbook is definitely a favorite book of mine. I can't wait for the text-section to be finished, because the artwork is tentatively set as being 'awesome'.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases